Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 49
haha earlier you were calling me to edit my post so noone found out

but now it's not an exploit?
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
He reported twice to RJ but no, it's not an exploit ;)
You are losing your time debating about it with BallC.

Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Yeah 216.000% demand met sounds as intended/fair/legal/sane. Now Ball has set foot in the jewelry market I guess I can take down my stores and play the provider for the allmighty ballmart empire. All hail ballmart..
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The really sad part is he's still doing it repeatedly and saying it's OK. I expect he'll have a 5th company soon with all the funny money he's been generating.

I'm personally giving it to Monday and see if RJ becomes active again and does anything about the rampant cheating.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Got out of jewellery the second he opened his company...

I am sure the market I am currently in will be the next one he ruins anyways
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
@Bob Malone: I reported it because the results were unexpectedly powerful and to make sure it got a look from RJ.

There is nothing unexpected since projected income is available. ( you know , the feature you requested to RJ few times ago ).
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
You were selling the business jets at about 20x base price if I remember correctly. That's 40 million, and you only made 20 million profit off of it. That's "normal" sales behavior - you simply imported and put it up at 2x the import cost. And even then it took many, many hours to sell - and RJ tweaked the formulas so it wasn't as easy to do, making it take even more hours to sell.

Here you sold ice cream at 380x base price. And sold 2.2g worth. At a profit of around 2.1g. You imported a single unit and sold that single unit at a super high price in order to prime the market to be able to sell that much the next tick, which is a very specific issue with the system that causes it go crazy. It took you a mere 30 minutes to do - one tick to prime the market, one tick to sell a ton.

You even acted like it was an exploit at first, telling Sourpuss to edit his post and such. You know it's exploiting the system, so I can only assume you must just be trolling everyone with all your post deletions and edits and waffling. You're like a crooked politician who got caught embezzling - first it's "Ok, I admit what I did was wrong and I apologize for it wholeheartedly." then a day later "I did it and there was nothing wrong with it, everyone does it! Look, an unrelated thing that someone else did! Nothing to see here folks!"
Serge Devereux
RJ: Ted Crisp
CO: Ted Crisp

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 15
There is a good side to this whole thing, I finally have no interest in playing this game anymore. I've been trying to quit playing it for what seems like ages. As it happens, watching someone take over the leaderboard in one night while creating another company the size of mine the next day and taking half my business instantly isn't fun.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
hey serge quit being a crier. just cause someone found out how to be profitable you freak out and quit, pretty laughable.
/troll
Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 50
@all: I really don't get what your problem is.

The *only* reason he can do this is because he has a monopoly in a particular product.
Just jump on his coat-tails and ride the wave, if it bothers you.

This game was *supposed* to have many, many more people in it, so all the profits you're seeing now are super-inflated anyway (since you have little to no competition), so complaining of BallC scrapping your market is just silly - in reality he's just representing the 5,000 other people who were supposed to come into the game.

I agree, what he did wasn't really fair.
(It's probably not very ethical, too, but this is Capitalism Online, not Happy Facebook Friends, so who cares? Gouging the robos isn't very ethical either, but we all do it ;)
I don't agree that he "broke the game", "made your existence worthless", and so forth.
And yes, you get to live with the fact that you will never be first in the charts, exploits or no exploits - only one person can do that anyway, so the fact that several people complain of it merely shows your lack of understanding of this simple fact.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
guess I'm showing my lack of understanding how I could jump on the "coat-tails" and "ride the wave" of a one tick 2g profit?
Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 50
@Aaron:

from the first post: "Goose the price 12-24 hours before so the WASP is stupid high"

if you see the WASP going super-high, dump all your crap at super-high-but-lower-than-WASP prices to sell - gives you a nice cash influx, and limits his ability to do this.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Part of the problem is he attempts to work on the hot food market - which has a very tedious barrier of entry.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Issue fixed.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Issue fixed with game mechanics?
Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.