Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

Post Rating: 6
+ / -

Total Posts: 49
Selling coconut sorbet like it's going out of style!

Relevant Stats
Average Store Price: $569
Units Sold: 3891546
Demand: 1801
Percentage Met: 216,077.00%

Goose the price 12-24 hours before so the WASP is stupid high. Wait until demand is really low, the WASP will still be high. Set all 10k of stores to only sell coconut sorbet at a stupid high (but still lower than WASP so you have that huge positive modifier). Who likes a $2.2g tick?! (hint: i like money)

My suggestion is to increase the demand to count the past 72-96 hours rather than the 12 hour period it is currently on. Maybe make the WASP used 12 hours like earlier suggested.

EDIT: He inflated the WASP the tick before the big sale; sold 1 item at probably the highest price possible. Since none had sold recently, this became the new WASP, and was the main modifier for the great tick.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 107
So game over? BallC won? :)
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Yep looks like it.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
RIP capitalism-online

In some way, I highlighted few days ago to RJ through a bug report that he may have been severely manipulated by BallC when he asked why "previsionnal income" was not displayed.
And now it has been fully exploited, as I expected it.

Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
My suggestion is that the WASP should be a negative influence on the rate of sales, not a positive one, but that's just my two cents.
Bob Malone

+ / -

I don't know if RJ is still planning to increase players base of this game ( by allowing bots there is no chance anyway ), but if it is the case, he should start to enforce some clear rules, and kick/ban users doing exploits or violating the TOS.

Or maybe open a 3rd server and starting fresh again ? and again ?
Bob Malone

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

In all seriousness, I've reported the bug so we'll see if it gets fixed.

You did this exploit on purpose, on a server which is not supposed to be a beta, perfectly knowing that it would destroy the game. Reporting it afterwards is pointless.

Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
How high was the WASP when you sold them?
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Its been proven thats the only way to get things fixed unfortunately. Scott seems to have disappeared as well, so I doubt it matters much.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Did this "destroy the game?" I think that is a bit dramatic.

Bob Malone

+ / -

Reporting an exploit after creating 2 billions of money and, AFAIK, investing them immediatly is pointless , definately.

The right way was to report the exploit without executing it.
The last right way was to not invest the money you got so RJ would have been able to fix the world.

And of course it destroyed the game on this server, this is very similar with what we faced in old server, with billions of money created from thin air with stock market.

Moe Jack

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Except it is totally different. BallC doesn't go around doing stupid shit like buying out the whole B2B for no reason. Instead, in my experience, he buys a ton of shit off the B2B and is among the most honest and reliable purchasers I have dealt with.

What does this really change? He has a lot of money. Try to get some.
Moe Jack

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Meanwhile, you have a giant smelter and never buy a penny off the B2B from what I can tell.
Bob Malone

+ / -

This is not totally different, this is just worse.. He did the exploit, got 2 billions, invest all the money and report the bug to be sure that he would be the only one able to do that.

By the way, what is the link between this, my giant smelter, and my B2B activity ?
Moe Jack

+ / -

The link is that your perception of what is a fun game is different than mine. I only make money when people with smelters and jewelry factories contract with me to provide their raw materials. No one is obligated to do so, of course, but the game economy is a lot more fun when humans buy from humans (even when they use bots to do it).

Selling to some buggy bullshit demand is pretty boring, which is why I got out of retail.

So, from where I am standing, BallC just made the game a lot better, a lot of his money will flow back into the player economy.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Aww, I almost caught up to him using legit tactics, then BAM 1.2g of growth over night.

Shame. I thought I might actually take the lead.
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.