Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

How BallC made 2.3g in store sales last night

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Also, what's the chance the bug fix is going to be implemented any time soon? Has anyone even heard form Ratan in a Private Message in the last week?

Direct your fury at the person truly responsible.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
@Moe : this is completely off topic, but on B2B I am buying tons of water, tons of electricity, I bought also a lot of petrol, and articifial leather , and minerals. In the meantime I am selling also vehicules on B2B market... And no I won't buy your coal/iron since I am producing them since the beginning, sorry about that. It has been temporaly considered to fully externalize coal/iron supply but I finally changed my plan.

Direct your fury at the person truly responsible.

There is only one guy responsible there and it's BallC. He could have reported this exploit without doing it, it was the only smart thing to do. He didn't, he took a huge advantage of it, so yes we can definately blame him.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Do you really think anyone gives a shit that you reported it? (and you just admitted that you did/reported this awhile ago and did it again anyway)
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
The game is kinda screwed atm anyhow, there's hardly any playerbase and Scott has vanished. Without more people and an active admin there's not much hope for this game. As crazy as it sounds the game was more fun in beta with all the goons and their shenanigans. The bugs and exploits are still here regardless and at least we had a lot more active people...
Andrew Naples

+ / -

I made a thread about any plans for new players (i figured a fresh start on the server would be perfect for new players) when the new server opened and RJ said there werent any/didnt want many new people for the time being.
Bob Malone

+ / -

anyway you cannot advertise the game right now, there is a need for a homepage picture and a tutorial. And this is completely off topic.
About RJ, maybe he's only in vacation or sick...
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
I have to agree with the others here. Doing it for 300 mil of assorted products in your sporting goods store was bad enough, but an extra 2.2g in your food court company is a bit excessive. Did you not think "Maybe I shouldn't be doing this" or "Ok, I've tested it with 5 different products and generated 300 million in funny money, now I should stop" anywhere along the escalation? Or maybe even "Ok, I've generated 2.5 billion in funny money, I should let this sit here and let RJ fix it instead of using it to buy a bunch of extra land and a new company and more buildings."

You generated more cash in 15 minutes than the top 3 people below you have in combined total net worth. Your combined net worth after adding in all the used up cash for all the extra land you bought and the extra company is probably as high as all 9 others in the top ten combined. And now that it's so very, very obvious that you're doing it it's just going to run even more people away from the game. You abusing it like that just blew the exploit wide open and made it obvious to everyone. And it will likely spark others to abuse the bug before Ratan gets around to fixing it, causing even more of a mess.

If RJ doesn't jail you I'll be surprised, since you're doing the same exact thing he was so mad at everyone about before (abusing a bug so openly and attempting to "force" him to fix things). And if he doesn't do anything about it I think I'll just quit, since doing nothing will make it quite obvious that running a company legitimately isn't a good strategy and that RJ doesn't give a rat's ass about the game he's making.

Anyway, that's my rant on the issue. Carry on.
Andrew Naples

+ / -

You know, you would be an excellent griefer but for one thing you forgot. Effort, you put too much effort in. You are clearly one of the most active players and on top of that coded a bot specifically for this game.

Griefing is about pissing off the maximum amount of people with the least amount of effort.
Your ratios off.
Bob Malone

+ / -

If RJ doesn't jail you I'll be surprised, since you're doing the same exact thing he was so mad at everyone about before (abusing a bug so openly and attempting to "force" him to fix things). And if he doesn't do anything about it I think I'll just quit, since doing nothing will make it quite obvious that running a company legitimately isn't a good strategy and that RJ doesn't give a rat's ass about the game he's making.

+1, same opinion/feeling there.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
I did discuss this briefly with Scott on June 9, nearly 3 weeks ago. This was my msg:

"basically Aquariums yesterday were at 0-1% demand met, I imported 300 and they all sold in 1 tick for 1.4m (2x import). This also drove it to 900+% demand met in that tick.
I think sales are too high for tiny demand met and 0-25% should be the same as 25%."

Scott's response:
Thanks for the details! Part of me says we need to change it since filling 900% of (12 hours) demand in 1 tick isn't right. Another part of me says the system is working as intended, simply dropping the price from now on would lower the 900% demand met by generating more demand (due to lower average price).

But no matter how we look at it, your suggested solution offers a buffer to the 900% while keeping the system running the way it's intended, so it solves the problem. Thanks much for the idea!

Obviously didn't figure in spiking the WASP before hand.
Moe Jack

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Still don't see how this affects you that much unless you determine your self worth by your placement on the leaderboard.

From where I stand, it's far more annoying to make 1/2 as much money in a day because I can't count on any stable revenue because actual human to human player dynamics are totally stupid.

You all still make money per tick on your stores... nothing has really changed.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
I know you're just trolling, but I didn't set the price to $100,000 (or whatever you used to guarantee 1 sale) the tick before to artificially super-inflate the WASP. My issue was also very obviously inadvertent, and I know many people experienced the same thing I did before it was 'fixed'. 900% vs 216,000%. Hmm.

What you have done is blatant exploiting. I'm sure you feel a chip on your shoulder from the 4th-company shenanigans last week and consider this your 'just due'.

You knew exactly what you were doing -- you have been doing it (on albeit a smaller scale) with your sports company, but I did not notice until the Coconut Sorbet Incident.

As I said, I am for longer supply/demand/WASP cycles; this would fix a lot of the current problems. I worry that maybe the code cannot support further-back checks, though, or it would cause additional strain.

Sorry, I think you deserve jailing.
Moe Jack

+ / -

I still haven't heard one single person explain how they were harmed by this.
Andrew Naples

+ / -

I dont really agree with the hyperbolic "destroy the game" but Moe you really dont see how someone having billions of dollars in your market might harm your business? (especially "illgotten" billions so to speak) You dont see how that would bother someone?
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Maybe its not fair play or something thats why people are complaining.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.