Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Club Rats Den » Store Balance

Store Balance

Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Rich: Supermarkets got hit even worse. Keep your cafe.
rich tamura
RJ: Shive Yarbles

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
lol ok I read that wrong, thanks.
Mister Death

+ / -

BTW, Scott: Could you either make an exception for water, or break "filtered water" out as a separate product? When I make a ton of well water, I want to have my Q0 and Q30 water separate until I can filter the former - otherwise I'd have to refilter all of it!
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I like the idea of fractional quality, as it will simplify things a great deal. One concern I have is that I have or want to have a high-quality and low-quality item in my warehouse. For instance, right now I have a bunch of low quality helicopter rotors lying around plus about 10-20 high quality ones I'm planning on using in my next batch of helicopters. If they get merged, I can no longer make high quality helicopters unless I delete my whole batch of low quality ones.

Perhaps something like: only allow one quality level (fractional allowed) sell in a given store slot but allow us to manually mix (or keep separate) items in our warehouses?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I suppose I can make an exception for water, nothing else though.
rich tamura
RJ: Shive Yarbles

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
I'm not sure I understand this. I've never, for instance, gone to a supermarket for ramen noodles and come home empty handed. I've never gone to a liquor store and come home without wine. So the demand is there, but there's an artificial constraint on sales? Maybe I don't understand the complexity.

edit: I get that more goods require more space/sales folk, I thought that was factored into the upgrade cost for the sales outlet.
Mister Death

+ / -

With all respect to a fellow mathematician, one of the things I'm looking forward to is having a less-cluttered warehouse (-:
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
Okay, fair enough. Scott/Ratan, can you please give us a one or two day warning before you consolidate different quality items? I'll need to junk some of my lower quality but purchased-for-cheap stuff so it doesn't ruin my other items.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
First off, I haven't sat down and done the math yet. But what scares me about the store change is this. I have a toy company, (great for me I guess) and this entire store, while small, is stocked by one factory. I have a sporting goods store (and can only imagine a supermarket) this is supplied by primarily a sporting goods factory but also a decent amount of "accessory factory" items from the clothing line. So why is a store that needs multiple input factories now "balanced" in sales to be equivalent to a store that needs only one factory to input.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
hmmm, when you do auto-consolidating item quantities, I hope you add the ability to re-price items on B2B.

Otherwise the b2b clutter will grow greatly, because nobody is going to re-list items the market has moved past if it means diluting the quality of their current stock.

also, to be honest, selling off remaining items of one quality when I've produced a stock of a higher quality is part of the fun of b2b.

The more I think of it, the more I think auto mixing quality is going to reduce the fun of the game. The juggling of research and production is part of the challenge. If you auto-mix, it removes that. It no longer matters when you research and when you produce. It's all going to gradually increment the quality of your stock.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Also I have same concern on auto-mixing as above in regards to manufacturing. Many people do large multiday runs. Some end items quality is not so important so you can use old low quality stuff. Other items I will go to my warehouse and mix. I don't want to have to delete lower quality stuff just to not risk my newest production run getting screwed the second it leaves the factory. Why decrease functionality of the system? its not a feature request, but a feature (and strategy) reduction.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I got heavy decreased sell and, worst point, I don't understand why... Reading this thread doesnt help either.
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
I have a farmers'market and a café. Why this change? I don't like
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 27
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
can you please give us a one or two day warning before you consolidate different quality items?

Of course.

Why decrease functionality of the system? its not a feature request, but a feature (and strategy) reduction.

I know this is going to be unpopular. But I want the game to run smoothly for 50,000 players, and not constantly having to deal with scalability issues when there are only < 1000 players.

have a farmers'market and a café. Why this change? I don't like

Too bad, tyranny of the majority doesn't work this time. This change is long overdue and in all honesty it should've been there from the start. So just be glad I didn't take away from the $ you already made.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Sorry to get back to basics, but basically, the more item a store can sell, the less it's selling ?

I would say that I was a bit worried to make so easily money just by importing goods and pushing 2X Lazy button, but basically it doesnt change this, we just have to build bigger store to recover the same selling level right ?
Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.