Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Club Rats Den » Store Balance

Store Balance

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
A word of caution: I'm hesitant to approve a concept that theoretically allows a finite-sized store to sell unbounded amounts of an item. It seems to me that a logistic curve makes much more sense and still provides a scale benefit while still being easy to compute. (Wikipedia's "logistic function" article is an excellent introduction if you've never taken an econ course.)

EDIT: Once again, I'm answering the wrong question. Never mind, carry on...
Mister Death

Post Rating: 10
+ / -

P.S.: Can we quit tweaking formulas for a while and get the interface and queueing issues dealt with? Pretty please?

Maybe it's none of my business but this has all the hallmarks of procrastination (-:
jennifer landau
RJ: Rose Thorn
CO: Sun Sue

Post Rating: 32
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Why not instead of a 2X button put a slider so we can make our own mark up
And have a button to pause and un pause all sales
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
I have to say I'm not a fan of changing stores to only be able to sell a limited number of total products.

This will do a couple things. First, it'll start making different products have to compete with each other on the B2B market. This may be something you want, I don't know. Capitalism had that since retail stores could only sell up to 4 products, so if you were manufacturing, you had to price your finished goods to be competitive with -everything else- retailers could sell in their stores, not just people making the exact same product as you.

Second, it'll totally screw over people going for a mass production with low price strategy like I am doing. Why would anyone want to buy hundreds of thousands of my product and sell them all quickly for a relatively small per-unit profit if doing so would take up all their store's sell volume, preventing them from being able to sell other products that might give them a larger profit per unit?

This change would kill the high volume / low cost strategy.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
CV got me on this one. I was just trying to be lazy, but yes, setting a custom variable for each store will certainly be much more accurate and configurable.

Let's trash the equation and just proceed along that route. With that said, I'll stop procrastinating with the queues. :-)
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
When will this be applied? I am losing ground to weaker companies because they can make 3 billion dollars a day selling fruit. I buy fruit at roadside stands and the merchants don't look like billionaires.
Josh R
RJ: Josh
CO: Josh

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
In the original proposal, where a store's selling power depends on number_of_saleable_products, what's to keep me from stocking my store with a single unit of each product, of such low quality and high price that it never sells? Would this give me a selling power bonus without having to do any extra work to keep my store stocked?

Regarding competition between different products: it might be interesting to model the effects of substitute goods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitute_good); for example, it would make sense for there to be some relationship between Vanilla Extract and Artificial Vanilla Extract's relative prices and demand.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Please also consider implementation difficulties and efficiency issues.

For number_of_saleable_products, it's not the number of products you put for sale - it's the number of total saleable products in the store - as in about 200 for the supermarket and about 15 for jewelry store.

So if I say I'll adjust the equation to 1/NOSP, it means each product in the supermarket will sell at 1/200 of current speed, while the jewelry shop will sell at 1/15 of current speed. Regardless of whether or not you have them fully stocked.

Although adjusting the equation won't be the case thanks to CV, the general idea still applies. As mentioned before, I can't reward specialization at the moment due to coding/efficiency limitations.
Chad Rudd
RJ: Olaf

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
So is the plan for this balance still to enable it on 5/1?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Implemented and system news added. You'll be very happy if you're among the 21% getting your long awaited adjustment.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
There seems to be zero sales for the last little bit in my cafe. I have misgivings about the proposed adjustment, but I gather this is not the intended behavior in any case.
rich tamura
RJ: Shive Yarbles

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
yup same here zero sales on last tick..
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

The 0 is certainly temporary and unintended, as I see it in my automobile stores too.

But since you guys hated it, I've came up with another GREAT idea.

Allow players to only have 1 quality (as FLOAT/decimal instead of INT) of any certain good in their warehouse, everything produced automatically mixes with it. It'll greatly simplify life, the universe, and everything. (Not to mention calculations and the interface)

EDIT: I'll archive the current multi-quality multi-sale version when I make the change, so maybe twenty years later I can pull it out and just use it when the technology makes it possible for implementation in a MMO. I envy God for having a server that hasn't crashed for as far as I'm concerned.
rich tamura
RJ: Shive Yarbles

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
Well I'm not up on the technical mumbo jumbo, but is there a way to transfer my cafe into a supermarket without losing my investment (content)? I'm a bit of a newb and this kind of hits me like a donkeypunch.
Mister Death

+ / -

While you're at it, Scott, force us wholesalers to have only one batch of any given product for sale. This will massively declutter the B2B.

If quality is going to be fractional anyway, production quality should be fractional as well. Q14.95 strawberries should be somewhat better than Q14.0...

I officially like this idea. It'll also make the (new) store interface cleaner.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.