Questions and Answers

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 18
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Post any questions here, and I'll answer them.
(or you can in-game message Ratan Joyce if you are embarrassed to ask here...)

Q: I claimed my daily bonus in the Welfare Center, but the cash hasn't appeared.

A: Click the (...) next to your player name, you'll see them in your player account. They can be transferred to your company through an option in Settings (top-right corner, next to the Forum button while in the game)

Q: The game won't let me buy stocks.

A: 1. Click on the BUY button first. 2. Make sure you have enough player cash (see above question). 3. There must be shares available, if all shares are held by players, then... you can't buy any.

Q: I listed a product on the B2B at the wrong price, what do I do now?

A: Just buy it back from yourself, there is no fees when you do that.

Q: How do I go back to that screen with company news and player news and world news...

A: Ever thought about clicking on the title "Economies of Scale" at the top left corner?
(or clicking on the "Forum" at the top left corner right now?)

Q: What exactly does having higher quality items mean game wise? How does it effect things like prices and other factors?

A: Each quality raises the selling price by 2% in stores.

Example: Given the average selling quality by everyone else remains at 0, if you are able to sell 100 Q0 Apples at $1.00 each in 1 tick, you'll be able to sell 100 Q10 Apples at $1.20 each in 1 tick.

Of course the actual selling equation depends on a few more factors.

Q: Does the world quality rise affect my items?

A: Yes, the quality multiplier works like this: max( (1 + 0.02 * (your quality - world quality)), 0.3 ). In "words", it means the price multiplier will be 2% for every quality level you have above the world average, or 2% penalty for each level below, but the multiplier will be at least 0.3, and at most... unlimited.

Q: How does expanding your store help, and marketing?

A: A 200 m^2 store does slightly better than 2 x 100 m^2 stores due to the new marketing factor. The relevant part of the sales equation is: store_size_used = store_size * (1 + marketing_effect/100%), so at 100% marketing effect it's like you have 2 stores without marketing! And the reason for 1x 200 m^2 store to be better than 2 x 100 m^2 store is because stores can generate marketing (publicity) based on sheer size alone - and that is at the rate of (size^2)/10 per tick.

Q: Do you plan to implement some kind of expiration date on food and related items?

A: Probably a long long long time later, so you can take it as a no.

Q: How does expanding a factory really affect speed and price?

A: Generally speaking, a 20 m^2 factory is twice as fast as a 10 m^2 factory. With the addition of the economies of scale factor, higher total production = lower unit cost.

Q: If I sell one of my research centers, do I keep the research I already have from that building?

A: Yes

Q. How do I get influence?

A. There are currently 2 ways to get influence:
  1. Visiting the Help Promote EoS link at bottom of the page (No need to vote, maybe I'll rename it the Welfare Center)

2. On daily server updates, anyone who hasn't been inactive for more than 7 days gets 10 * player_fame_level as player influence, and you get to visit the welfare center again.

Q: What does Fame and Company Fame do, if anything?

A: At daily updates, player fame exp is gained in direct proportion to your company's fame level.

If you own shares of public companies, you also get a portion from their fame level(s), and this is directly proportional to your stock ownership. Once you get enough player fame exp, your fame level will increase, and the fame level is important as you are awarded player influence points at each daily update - directly proportional to your player fame level.

Q: How should I price my items in stores?

A: Since at the moment import quantity is unlimited, the best way to maximize profit is to just experiment with different prices and use the following equation:

profit = num_sold * (price - cost)

If you are resourceful, you may be able to collect some data and write num_sold as a function of price, and simply take the derivative of the profit equation with respect to price and arrive at the optimal value.

Of course it'll be hard to experiment with airplanes as usually only 1 of them gets sold over many ticks, but the method should be fairly simple with fruits.

Q. How long does advertising last?

A. As of now, your marketing power (or advertising influence) "fades out" with time at a rate of 0.3% per tick. Fortunately your store size alone can generate much publicity, and therefore adds more marketing power with each tick, and the formula is store_size^2/10.

So at steady state your "free marketing power" should sit around 33.33 * store_size^2.

Combined this would be "gaining" (33.33 * store_size^2 - currenting_marketing_power) * 0.003 per tick, and negative loss is gain.

Q: How do I send $ to other players?

A: Since I'm The People's Beloved Dictator, I'll put it this way:

When Rat & Joy Co. is mentioned in the news as giving out $, it's called a system event.

When your company is mentioned in the news as giving out $, ..., well, I guess I'm just being kind at offering you a chance to do some charitable work.

Of course, you have the freedom to do it yourself by having your "friend" list an apple for $1,000,000,000,000 on the B2B, and buy it from them.
You can also choose to coerce them into selling airplanes at $0.01 to you.
Of course, I can also freely choose to delete your acc put you into exile.

Q: How is stock dividend and CEO salary determined?

A: The chairman of the public company - almost always it would be the person who holds most shares of the company.
John Smith
RJ: gummiworms
CO: Gummiworms

Post Rating: 40
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Q:What exactly does having higher quality items mean game wise? How does it effect things like prices and other factors?
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

As of now, the equations used will allow you to raise the selling price by 1% for each 1 quality while keeping the selling time constant.

In other words, if you can sell 100 Q0 Apples in 15 min. at $1.00 ea., you can also sell 100 Q5 Apples in 15 min. at $1.05 ea. Of course, selling at a higher price means selling at a slower rate, and the opposite is also true.

As of the next store update (in 5 hours), the price bonus will be raised to 2% for each quality level.

Erving Maxwell
RJ: Erving Maxwell

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
How deep will the stock market be? As of now there are no dividends and the price varies according to pointless self-referential speculation, which is kindof amusing. I'm actually looking forward to selling high-yield bonds instead of stock. Maybe other people want to trade derivatives and pork-futures..?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

A. It will be as deep as I feel necessary to make newbies scared.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Q. How do I get influence?

A. There are currently 2 ways to get influence:

1. Visiting the Help Promote EoS link at bottom of the page (No need to vote, maybe I'll rename it the Welfare Center)

2. On daily server updates, anyone who hasn't been inactive for more than 7 days gets 10 * player_fame_level as player influence, and you get to visit the welfare center again.

Karim Shibl
RJ: karim shibl
CO: hamdy

+ / -

Total Posts: 62
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 36
+ / -

Total Posts: 132

A: Take the base time of the product and multiply it by the factory size divided by ten. So a 20 meter square factory is twice as fast as a 10 meter square factory.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

@walter
thnx :)
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Q: Now that you can sell buildings, if I sell one of my research centers, do I keep the research I already have from that building or does it work like when you sell a company (i.e. loose it)?

Tested: Yes you keep it.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

Q: Does the world Quality rise affect my items.
suppose I sell apples (17) at my supermarket for 5$ and the world average quality is (20).
If the world average quality became (40). does that affect my selling speed? and should I change my price?
Roald Adriaansen

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Q: Does the world Quality rise affect my items.
suppose I sell apples (17) at my supermarket for 5$ and the world average quality is (20).
If the world average quality became (40). does that affect my selling speed? and should I change my price?

I believe Scott mentioned that it will have an effect but isn't implemented yet. So for now, no, but watch the patch notes for it.

Hmm.. might be some now actually.. some of my products seem to change how much they sell without me changing anything.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

A. Yes they do have an effect. Some spikes you're seeing right now are caused by me messing with the equations, at other times any change is due to change in world average price and average quality. In summary, high quality imports do hurt domestic factories.

What isn't implemented so far is the system that allows high your market share to improve your sales - it's embarrassing but this is because so far I haven't found a "php-mysql efficient" way of implementing it.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

thnx scott and roald
Karim Shibl

+ / -

@scott
but why high quality imports do hurt domestic factories?
Roald Adriaansen

+ / -

Q: What does Fame and Company Fame do, if anything?

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.