Questions and Answers

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Next
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Marketing is awful handy, but if you want to get the most bang for your buck out of it, you need to watch your selling prices.

For instance, you have 10 million watermelons that you are selling for X dollars each. You put five million dollars marketing in a total of five stores, and your selling power goes up. If you don't raise the price of those watermelons, they will sell faster, and you might run out of them before your next watermelon crop is ready to harvest.

I run into this very regularly with both my farm and my metals companies. I drop 100 million in marketing once per week or so, and after I do, I have to adjust my product pricing. Then every day after that as the marketing effect wears off I have to adjust pricing some more. I only produce once per week, so for best profits I have to be flexible with my pricing as compared to my marketing expenses.

No, I don't use formulas or equations :) I just use a rough rule of thumb of 100 mill per week for advertising, sometimes bumping a bit more in if I have a lot of products that are all selling a little too slowly. That $100 mill number is not the number a new player needs to think about. I'm an old, lazy player.

Experiment and watch your selling power. When I first started out I used marketing a lot, but only with spare cash, when my company had no debt.
Amano Fujiwara
RJ: Amano Kashino
CO: Ichigo Amano

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
Hello...I'm new here, and only have one question so far(by the way, the game is awesome, good job).

Q:If you cancel a Production, do you keep what you made so far, or simply lose everything?
Hakim al-Malik
RJ: Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz
CO: Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
Hello Amano, welcome to EoS ...

When you cancel production, you get to keep what you made so far. The balance of unused resources along with the manufactured goods will be returned to your warehouse.
Amano Fujiwara
RJ: Amano Kashino
CO: Ichigo Amano

+ / -

Thank you for the reply, and well, while I'm at it, might as well ask more questions:

Q1:Is there some sort of limit to profits/sales from stores? I managed to sell some stuff, but it's been longer than 30min since the last sale, and I'm not getting any more stuff sold.

Q2:Are the costs from salaries, building maintenances and the like weekly, monthly, or daily?

Q3:Is it possible to get large amounts of money from anything, or only from things that are more valuable? I.E. is it possible to profit off raw materials, or only off more expensive, processed materials?

I mean, profit is possible from anything, but I'm wondering if I can live off anything, as long as I produce enough of it, or if I have to sell more expensive things to avoid going bankrupt.
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Q1 - The only limiting factor on how much you can make in a store is demand. How much of your goods gets demanded depends on the quality of your goods, size of your store (plus any advertising) and the sale price. If you price it at a level that your quality doesn't support (and others are selling the same stuff at higher quality and lower price) then your sales will hurt. Beyond that you should see a sales 'tick' every 15 minutes.

Q2 - All salaries, maintenance costs, interest and taxes get paid right after midnight server time (usually at 12:02 am).

Q3 - Sales value of any item fluctuates with demand and competition. I've had the same good jump from a unit price of $20 to $150 (as well as items drop from $12,000 to $3000). You can make a really good profit on raw materials without the headaches of managing a more complex supply chain for higher-end goods. I would venture to say that a focused approach will get you further than being to diversified, especially in the early stages of the game.
Michael Long
RJ: Michael Long
CO: Michael Long

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
What is the best way to transfer cash between owned companies?
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

If they're privately owned, then simply transfer money from your one company to yourself. The transfer many from yourself to your second company. There is no way to directly transfer money from company to company.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Hello & welcome to EOS, Amano.

As a player of some 5 months now, I'd suggest the best way for you to make lots of fairly easy money early in your company is to focus on raw materials. Do as much R&D as you can afford to raise qa level to at least 80 if not higher, build raw extraction sites as large as you can afford, and then produce and offer for sale on B2B market at slightly below market prices

before you do this, check out all the major store industry groups --- gas stations, apparel, & etc, & see what products are most in demand. see what goes into making those products

eventually, you'll get down to raw materials, such as oil, water, coal, cotton, etc.

research on one of those groups, produce like mad, and offer for sale at reasonable prices on b2b markets

advertise on forums what products you're making

eventually, start a more focused retail company, where you can leverage some of the excess raw materials you make, including higher R&D on consumer goods, and build both factories & retail stores in that industry

once a week seems to work , on average, as it takes less time than to have to adjust each day -- but that is a personal choice of your time

and advertising helps a great deal

plus, as noted above, if you retail products with avg to higher qa levels for lower prices (not much, just a bit) plus with ad sales, you should see on average, a decent market share, assuming your factories and stores have the sq footage needed to supply market

good luck
Capital Istic
RJ:
CO: Capital Istic

+ / -

What are the rules for multiple people playing from the same household?
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Even if there was a rule against it, there is no one here to enforce the rules. I say, why not? Go for it.
Capital Istic
RJ:
CO: Capital Istic

+ / -

I don't want to get banned. There has to be someone enforcing something lol
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Nope, there hasn't been a word from the game designer in 6 months. No one has been banned for anything in a long time.

It's possible there's something in the code that checks for multis, though. I'm not sure, I've never tried it.
Joey Hofmans
RJ:
CO: Jo Hofmans

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Does anyone know what happens with the tutorial? I'm stuck at the Farmers Market.
Deivis Henrique
RJ: Deivis Henrique Alves
CO: Deivis Henrique Alves

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
I went to start a new company and this message:

New Company
Sorry, the Anti-Trust Act of 2013 forbids players from starting new companies while holding more than 10 positions of authority.

What can I do?
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
You might have to terminate some of your jobs you are doing for others, if possible.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.