Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Sounds good.

So stores are not able to "sell" things currently?
Toby Blocks
RJ: Ponse
CO: Poly

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even open the panel to adjust my store.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

When you say "store", we are talking about a supermarket?

I see that once you have items (raisins/eggs) in your inventory, I can bring up the supermarket shelf panel and see the items, but when I click on them to put them on the shelf, nothing. Is this what you are talking about?

Either way. I am looking into stocking of the shelves.

Thank you for your help.
Toby Blocks
RJ: Ponse
CO: Poly

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I'm taking about an Apparel Store. I have many Fur Hats, but I cannot open the store's menu.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Here's what happened to me, the full detailed description.

Some people seem to not understand what I mean by "nothing happened". Just so you know when I say nothing happened, I mean just that. No windows popped up. No windows closed. No error messages. No screen refresh. Nothing happened.

The issue started when I first built the stores. For me that's both Farmer's Market and 2 Supermarkets. I was able to build them fine. Once they finished building I went to place my goods for sale on their shelves. The first time I tried, I was able to click on each store, and open the UI window (or menu) showing the shelves and such. But when I clicked the shelf nothing happened. No other buttons did anything either. When I closed the window, and tried to click the store again to open this UI window, nothing happens. I click the store, no response at all. Happened to all 3 stores. After opening the UI that first time, it will not open again. Because of this, I cannot move, or delete any of the stores I already built.

I will try in another browser just incase.
^ Same result in IE
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Toby & Others: I understand now. It was all stores. I am working this.

Paul: You get "nothing" at the moment because I am working the previous issue.

Hopefully both issues will be resolved shortly. Thank you for pointing this out!
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Me and Toby seem to be having the same issue, not being able to open the store menu. I posted about this bug back on November 8th when I built my first store. Not sure what other issue you are referring to?
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

The site seems to be down at the moment? Just loading a blank white page. No timeout to Page Cannot Be Displayed or anything, just blank white @ losteconomy.com and the other tab has http://www.losteconomy.com/eos/index1.php same thing, blank white. Will check back throughout the day.
P.S. INB4 I know for a fact it's not my connection. :)
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Sorry, moving host servers.

Also, working the store stocking issue.

Should be good in a few days and I will report back
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

So the main bug I see is the:

-Start a Company
-Fill Inventory
-Sell Company
-Repeat
-92Q

So to fix this, should a selling companies inventory be worth $0? That way if it was a true sell, you could move your inventory prior to dissolving.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I don't think a company's inventory should be worth $0 when selling a company.
What happens if you are a small business owner (or new player) and you are going good with a decent amount of stock built up to last a few days or maybe even a week, which for such a small company is a large amount of your net worth, these final products in your inventory waiting to be sold. Then a huge company opens up, ran by a massively wealthy player who notices your market is relatively unfilled, and opens up massive factories and stores. Your daily sales go from 100% market share with say $10,000,000 per day in sales, down to 2% market share with $200,000 per day in sales. Now your products simply WON'T SELL because this new competitor has better Q, lower prices, and massive stores, so your inventory just sits. That could easily go from profitable, to NOT profitable. So you decide to check out other markets, find a good one, sell your company, and start over.
This would not work for a small player like that, as their inventory is a large chunk of the net worth.
For example I just started playing the test server again recently, and my company is currently selling raisins. The 2.59 "seasons" or days worth of raisins I have in my inventory is worth $7,200,000 at my currently price, and my company's net worth is $16,200,000, so pretty close to HALF the net worth of the company. Right now, for me, with your suggestion it would work fine. But that's because I still have 100% market share and have no problems selling the 3 days worth of raisins before I sold my company. But what if I couldn't sell those raisins anymore, because of a competitor?

Here's my idea, having a hard time putting into words/text.

There is already a "feature" that raises the cost for each additional company you start. So each new company costs more than the last. Company #2 costs more to start than Company #1 did, and Company #3 will cost more than Company #2.
This price is reset if you sell Company #1 and #2 and are back to 0 companies, it just switches back to the price of Company #1.
So I guess to get around this, would it be possible to add a timer? So that when you sell all of your companies, the price of Company #1 goes up for X amount of time. The player would see a message when going to start a new company with something like "Due to recent changes in your company holdings, the Government has temporarily increased the taxes on new business licenses." I guess the system could possibly run a check to see if you have owned 0 companies in the last XamountoftimeX, if it comes back Yes, then increase the price of Company #1

The players using this exploit would then either be forced to wait long enough for the price to reset on selling/restarting that it would be more profitable to just keep the business running. Or they would be spending the same amount of money buying Company #1 over and over that it would've cost to just keep Company #1 and then buy Company #2, and #3, and #4, and so on....
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

BTW I still can't access the website,
Getting "Unable to connect to MySQL"
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

You cannot access www.LostEconomy.com ?

Can someone else confirm?
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
I was able to register and enter the game, logged out and could log back in. so that seems to be working.

I'll list here some thins I have noticed, in no particular order.

* Firm details not working it shows blank screen (example http://losteconomy.com/eos/firm/38)

* Forum link point's to IANA's example domain. if no forum's present maybe better remove link.

* "WH-AZ" is not listing WH contents ,whereas "WH-NEW" does list content. seen for both bought items form B2B as produced items from factory.

* First company starts with absolutelly nothing ,thus it is mandatory that B2B market has always a minimum of electricity, if not a new company can not start producing, as an alternative the first company given to the player starts with a minimum of electcity in it's stock.

* Putting apple on shelf in farmers market disables any further interaction of the store page. it show's empty modal j-query window just to top right close button. Just tested with apples but presume is general with items. Ajax HTML response for "stores-sell.php?fsid=34" is only"<div id="eos_body_fbox">" resulting in the empty modal window

Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I'm able to connect now Hajji.

I will keep water/elec on the B2B as best as I can, should be easy until things pick up.

Still having the issues with the stores, as Jurry describes it now opens an empty window. Haven't done much else yet.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.