Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
My good friend Scott and I had a discussion about this game. I personally want to keep it alive and going until he makes a new & improved game (won't that be fun). I enjoy EoS so much, it is my virtual world and I love the business aspect.

That being said, with Scotts permission I am starting a "new" game at LostEconomy.com. Right now I have the skeleton up and I need a person or two to start making a list of things that need to be adjusted/fixed/added so we can have the game up and running. At that point we will do a Character swipe and start from there.

This new site will be managed, admin problems will be addressed, and like Scott did here we will continue to improve the game over time.

Do not worry, Scott and I have talked and this won't be the last time you hear from him, we all just have different priorities at this time.

So please, if you find the time, head over to LostEconomy.com and start jotting down some fixes I need to make. I know I do not have a forum yet, so please just add to the bottom of this thread.

Thank you!
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

EDIT
Bargain Basement
RJ: CW Inc
CO: Bargain Basement

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 28

Just a couple of questions from me before I login to losteconomy.com

1) I would really appreciate some sort of confirmation/endorsement from Scott before putting my password credentials into a new website that may look legitimate, but I would rather be certain before doing that.

2) Is Losteconomy the same game that was on Steam Greenlight from about 18 months ago?

3) Please tell us more about the game. If this is the same losteconomy that was on Steam Greenlight it talks about a political aspect, mafia elements, building an army and going to war! To me this is a very different game to EoS which is an economy game only (which is why I love it).

4) Is EoS going to continue in it's current state even if Losteconomy gets off the ground?

Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Looks to be the same exact game as EoS, just renamed. I just made a new account on the site, even has Scott's Privacy Policy
Kotkis Ck
RJ: Kotkis
CO: Kotkis

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
If you intend to do it seriously, the major fix should be removal of fame value (no 92Q).

I like this game and I'll help you .. but first put some electricity and water on the market - the economy must start from somewhere;)

As for the improvements:
major things:
-fame value - can be removed or can add some bonus to production/sale/research;
-stock market - need complete rework - i advise you to close it until then;

minor(not critical but will improve the game a lot):
-market - some filter for NPC or price;
-some real-time statistics (balance calculation in any time, etc..)

A lot of things are not working on yours server but i wont post them until you confirm you intend to start fixing.

PS: I'm familiar with php/mysql/javascript if you need help there.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Thank you for your interest in making this work. Let me reiterate the stage I am in. We are attempting to re-create EoS onto LostEconomy.com to duplicate the game almost exactly. That is where we are now. I need your help in pointing out the flaws on LostEconomy.com so I have a list to work with.

In return, I can offer you the game you love with a admin/manager who has free time to monitor/admin the game for bugs & cheats.

From there, we can discuss the next stage of improvement, but we are FAR from that. Again, thank you for your help & interest.

That being said:

1) Scott does not need to "endorse" the new game. After talking with him he allowed me to use his code to make my own version because at this time he does not have time to invest in his version. That is as far as the "endorsement" goes.

2/3) This is a different game than the Green Light on Steam. This is intended to be the same as EoS, just with an active admin.

4) That is a Scott question. My assumption would be yes, Scott will keep EoS up and running.

5) Fame levels removed? Can you elaborate?

And yes please make a list of things that do not work on the site and we can start chipping away. There is no promise this will be a quick process to duplicate this already awesome game. But once we have the game in place, I will continue to be active in managing our game.
Kotkis Ck
RJ: Kotkis
CO: Kotkis

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Login is not working - I can only recriate the account and after that it redirects me to my old account(same company,buildings,market offers), but cannot login directly.

NPC script is not working - no offers on the market. That is most important thing - no basic resources, no way to produce anything.

As for the fame- now fame level adds value to the company networt. Lvl108=92Q. Selling this company give you the sum -5% in cash.
This moves the focus from producing,selling(pure economy), to doing quests for fame.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Did something happen to the accounts over night? I accidentally left my comp on and logged into the site over night, when refreshing the page today and having to log back in to the account I created, it logs me into the character account "Apps", which is not my account, instead of the account I created.

I agree about getting some stuff up on the market, not easy to start out when you literally have to produce EVERYTHING yourself.

Also on the Rankings screen, the links that should bring you to the company or player's page do not work.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Where should we report bugs, here, a separate thread? Or is the in-game bug report tool working and being monitored?

There is currently a pretty serious bug (for me at least) among others that prevents me from opening any store's interface after building them. It builds, but when I Click the building nothing happens. Because of that I also cannot move, or remove, any stores I have built. Nor can I sell any products anywhere except on B2B.
Becs Vatra
RJ: Bachtala
CO: Cimra

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Another bug report: I built a Well, and the production screen shows 5 different options for producing natural gas. Three of them don't require any materials but have different cash production costs ($100, .10, .05), one requires electricity and water, and one requires only electricity but with a $1.10 k cash cost.

I also built a Mine, and the production options look exactly the same as the original game, so that seems ok.

Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Is anyone able to sell from stores? It won't let me open the store UI window to place things on the shelves, set prices, etc. I can only post things on B2B and hope someone buys it.
Cat Cat
CO: Cat

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
not working for me, cant even get rid of them now.

This new site will be managed, admin problems will be addressed
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Yeah game is unplayable in its current state. Can we at least get a status update Hajji Pajji? What's going on?
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

The main problem I am trying to work is the login error. It looks like if a player uses his email name (as opposed to login name) it should work fine. Let me know what you find, and I will continue to work this problem over the others.

But some others on my radar are as follows:

As far as stocking the market to assist with game flow, that will happen in the future, but currently going to work the other issues before doing this.

The Stock Market will be shut down and to be honest, I doubt I will every spend the time to make it what Scott had envisioned.

On the NPC's being added to the market. I will research this but I did play before they were ever added to the game and didn't see the point in to as of why they were added in the first place. More to come on that.

For Well errors (multiple options) and probably other building errors, those will be address when time frees up and we can tackle them one by one.

FAME issue can be discussed and tackle in time. For now I will leave as is and most likely adjust it in the future.

Thanks for the comments and I will continue to work on this and give you updates.

Hajji Pajji

+ / -

The login problem should be gtg now.

Moving onto the well
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Can confirm, login is working for me now.
Well and power plant are displaying correctly now.

What is next? My vote is for working stores. Even if there are no NPC goods, I do agree that is OK for now. But without working stores, once we get a supply chain set up (elec, water, fruit plantation, and finally food processing, for example) there is currently nothing we can do with those finished products. I have a bunch of raisins just sitting around not rotting away because they're raisins.
This way we could still grow our business while other things get fixed (more money = more room to play/test and find any other bugs) and until more people switch over/starting playing and the B2B market picks up; currently I'm pretty much the only player with anything on B2B... and sales are.... well, can barely call them "sales".
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.