Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Want to keep playing this game with an active admin?

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 162
3) In the city/HQ menu option, you can set your personal salary or bonus %. I've set my bonu s to 20%, but nothing is getting transferred to my personal account.

4) I thought the sim population was based upon the total m2 of all buildings of all players. It doesn't have its own place where it is actually visible. I thought it was factored into the product demand in some abstract way.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
3) Nice catch! Ill add that to the list.

4) Yes, now I remember. The population was the demand and it is all based on potential sales by size. You are correct. I will look for that formula as well. Thank you!
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Demand:

To:
$demand_eq = (5/(1 + 10*$demand_met))^2

Effects after:
demand_met = 0 -> 2500% sales
demand_met = 25% -> 204% sales
demand_met = 50% -> 69% sales
demand_met = 75% -> 35% sales
demand_met = 100% -> 21% sales

So with a demand_met = 0, you're getting about 2500% sales instead of previous 900% sales.
With a demand_met = 0.4, you're getting 100% sales

The actual demand function is a bit more whimsical and not fit for publishing, but keep in mind demand is determined not only from total building size, but also from average price and quality of previously sold products. Thus when sales price fall below a certain point, customers will demand to buy more goods even if they don't need them.
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

I was aware of the price formula. 4-6 months ago something happened that could not have been related to the price formula.

On RJ, Deivis quit and killed all his retail and factory footage. He had 6 companies ranked #1 through #6 in the retail rankings before he quit with an estimated 30 million foot drop in overall footage. Now one of my retail companies ranks #1. The result of his quitting reduced my sale unit volumes 10-15 percent, while at the same time my percentage of demand actually rose 2-3 percentage points. Since I didn't change my retail prices, this couldn't have been accounted for by the price formula. If you raise your prices, your percentage of demand sold should have dropped if you don't change your prices. Instead it actually rose. I initially thought someone made a serious price drop, but the effects should only have affected a few products, not all of the products I sell.

Hence, I think there is a sim population factor built into the code somewhere...possibly in the other formulas. I can't think of anything else that could have caused this unusual retail effect.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Good post Bruce. I will have to ask Scott about that, that is strange.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
is there any website following the dev of this "new" game ?
I really don't have the time to beta test but would likely play it when ready ( and even support it financially if it's worth ... )
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Malone, the game is up and running. By beta testing I mean I need your help finding the bug/formula issues that I haven't. So it is ready to be played now.

I am debating if I should advertise for new players now or after us veterans have looked it over first.
Jordan Tessman
RJ: Dirk Diggler
CO: John D. Rockefeller

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Bruce, I believe the sale phenomenon you saw had to due with a quality of all combined products sold changing. If your product was of lower/higher quality than his when he quit, you may have seen a demand gain/loss from the overall world quality dropping/raising due to him leaving. This than makes your lower/higher quality products more un/desirable because you now are the highest/lowest quality seller.
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

It wouldn't have changed it by that much. Some were higher and others were slightly lower, so it should not have been a factor that would have dropped the volume of units sold by 10% on all products in every company. Some products would have dropped,while others should have at least stayed close to their original volumes. In a few cases, I'm the only seller for a product.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

So the game is up and running, still working through some minor touches.

I feel like its at a point to start recruiting non-RatJoy players. I wanted to ask what suggestions you had to bring people to the game?
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

I think a couple things need to be adjusted before we recruit people.

1) Some pages "struggle" to load. Not sure where the loading hangs up. For instance, when you order factory production, sometimes it takes a few seconds to load.

2) Some of the construction times when building/expanding buildings is a bit too long in some cases.

If new people have to wrestle with these issues, they may not play long if they get frustrated.
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

The loading issues need to be fixed as well. Perhaps getting rid of the page with the pool table and just allow the loading to go directly to the company page like EoS does would resolve this problem. As it is, it is too hard to even play LE when pages won't load.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Loading issues as in the start of the game "loading up" or once you are inside the game going from page to page, that "loading" of pages?
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

Both. I'm wondering if the startup page is the cause of both.
Jax Teller
RJ: TheDoctor
CO: JaxTeller

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Also if you click "research the next level" of any given item it causes the page to freeze and when refreshed the page loads the "the connection was reset page" on firefox, but if you wait a minute or two then refresh, it sorts itself.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.