Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Fixed. Thanks for the report.
arnar ingolfsson
RJ: looser
CO: Addi Paddi

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
I like to get something clear
i have 42 (factory + shops + R&D) buildings now do i need to get them down to 25 buildings?

Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I'm not sure. I only have 15 slots available for use on the new screen. I also just bought an extra factory slot hoping to increase that to 16 as I have 1 factory left and no slots left. But I still only have 15 available.

Also, I'm curious how research will be tied into the B2B requests. Say I request 50,000 sugar cane for $1.50 each. Will there be an option to add a minimum quality? Or will I have to settle with whatever quality that person has? Or perhaps there could be multiple options on the request. Such as $1.00 for 40 quality, but $2.00 for 80 quality, and when one request on that order is filled, the order is removed from the requests list.
Just pondering how it will work, and throwing some of my thoughts around the forumbox while I wait to see for myself.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Arnar...No, you have to get them down to 19.
arnar ingolfsson

+ / -

it is hard to cut them down to 25 building but down 19 building :(

but thanks for the answer

Esme Draper
RJ: Esme Draper
CO: Esme Draper

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
It has been a good challenge to slim down - re-arrange my buildings etc - for the best possible advantage for the companies when the new code is released. My biggest drop was from the very first company I built, down to 23 from 34. This gave me a chance to think the game through and make I hope, the right decisions for all my companies.
Mark Moeder
RJ: Uduak Mwenye
CO: Fluffy

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Will ratjoy EOS still as a beta/testing server with updates rolling out to caponline eventually?
Brent Goode

+ / -

Yes. That is the way I understand Scott.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
It's pretty much like how Brent said. "Economies of Scale" is the beta server. All updates on "Economies of Scale" are eventually put on the "Capitalism Online" server, which is the finished product. In a sense if you play "Economies of Scale" you're a "Capitalism Online" beta tester.
Pankaj Dheer
RJ: Pankaj Dheer
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
How exactly are you guys "trimming" down? Remember reading "merge" somewhere but not sure how to go about it.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I didn't have much to trim down from the get-go since I had just two factories and three stores on "Economies of Scale", but from what I understand if you are unable to fit all of your factories in the merger list you'll be refunded the ones you are unable to fit in there. I think this means that if you want to trim down that you should perhaps specialize and put the companies that pertain to that specialization into your merger list.

Like say for example before this merger you were making beverage concentrates and condiments. If the buildings you have in terms of the proportion between buildings for beverage concentrates and buildings for condiments was in the favor of beverage concentrates, perhaps you could fit the buildings for those in there if you couldn't also fit the ones for condiments in there as well. At least, that's the hint I am getting at this time, and I hope that example makes some sense.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

You have to make some choices. Remember, this is the starting point. There is going to be room to expand into 30 slots. I decided what I had to have to keep running, and will grow into the rest of the slots, as I am able, once we are up and running again.
arnar ingolfsson

+ / -

"""Brent Goode
BB Goode

Posted on Mar 31, 10:07 PM
Arnar...No, you have to get them down to 19."""

Brent Goode are you sure that i need to cut them down to 19??? when i select a slot then it give my the possibility to pic 25 slot!!!!
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I'm sure there's a formula somewhere for the number of buildings you will have after the change - but I will only have 15.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Yes guys, you have to trim down. Since the land cost formula is the same, each additional slot beyond the starting number costs more and more. Unless you only have one type of buildings to begin with, you will most likely have a bit less slots after the merge than before.

The update will happen around 25 hours from now, and the stock market WILL be taken down for reform.

Capitalism-Online won't be updated until the patch is thoroughly tested here, thanks for helping.

@Brent Goode: Thanks for answering those question when I'm not here. You read my mind.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.