Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Previous [1] 2 3 4 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Well. so far so good.

Status as of 4/8/2013
I was notified by the hosting company today that they've transferred ratjoy.com to a newer server with PHP 5.4, I've done some testing and confirmed everything is working.

Since it's before 4/10 and I agreed to give some head notice. The migration will take place on 4/9 (tomorrow) at 6:00 P.M. server time. If everything goes as planned, ratjoy.com should have a down time of about 15 minutes.

Status on 4/5/2013

Thanks for the encouragements, I just got a reply from the hosting company about putting ratjoy.com on the migration list. It can take as long as a week, but if you think on the bright side, that means the stock market won't be taken down after all.

I'll give some notice ahead of time if they manage to get the migration done before 4/10. Otherwise I might just have to do it immediately as soon as the server gets transferred. But worry not, the migration script will refund discarded buildings and their unfinished researches, and complete the discarded production queues as a courtesy.

Houston, We've Got a Problem

Alright, we'll have to postpone the update... the beta server is a shared server, and it's running an older version of PHP and MySQL that's got some issues with PDO (the DB driver I'm switching to).

So far I've got the forum working by adding a $query->closeCursor(); for every single ->fetch and ->fetchColumn. (Total 57 for the forum)

But there's probably thousands of them in EOS, so I'll see if there's any other ways before commencing with the update.

Important: "Pre-update Update"

There will be a new dialog on 3/31 for picking which buildings you'd like to keep, see below. If you choose to take no action then the system will attempt to auto-transfer your largest buildings. Any "discarded" buildings will receive a refund at 100% cash and 70% influence value.

Changes in the pending update to come on 4/3:

Buildings:
Factory/Stores/R&D gets merged onto one screen.
No more forced page refreshes.

B2B:
Listings and Import gets merged onto one screen.
Added B2B Requests, to be merged with Export.
Dynamic pricing from the NPC Companies - buy more from them, and they will sell more soon but raise the price; sell more to them, and they will lower their purchase price but also buy more; and the inverse.
NPC listings/purchases updates every 15 minutes, no more restocking downtime.

Stock Market:
It might be temporarily disabled for re-write (but for no more than a week).

Misc:
Job privileges changed accordingly.
Changed measurement from SI to US: $3.2 G to $3.2 B
Similar interface, but much improved usability.
Faster speed from the removal of all those bad code.
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
YAY! New stuff. Also question "this will be implemented on EOS first then rolled out to CO or both at the same time?" To tell you the truth just glad this project is moving forward again.
Mark Moeder
RJ: Uduak Mwenye
CO: Fluffy

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Good to see you back :-)

Is it possible to maintain SI as an option? It's a small thing, but I think a lot of people prefer it.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Glad your back Scott! I started playing after you "left", but have been here for several months.
Love the game! Only browser game I've played for longer than a week, and I've been playing for months!

Sweet stuff. Looking forward to B2B requests as I operate 1 company solely through B2B sales.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Welcome back, boss. What took you so long?
Do we still have a newspaper? :-)
Brent Goode

+ / -

Can we know what the plot size is going to be before the 31st?
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
Welcome back! The newspapers shall be filled with the heroic adventures Ratan Joyce went through during his absence.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
nice to see that this game is still alive...
Not sure that I can play again though, with ultra giant companies trusting all markets today...
Austin Benner
RJ: Austin
CO: Austin Benner

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
Hi, just had a quick question, when picking what buildings to keep it tells me I have an invalid building type when I try and keep my R&D, any reason for this?
Brent Goode

+ / -

It is not an invalid building type. He is shrinking the screens to one single screen with all the buildings in one place. You will have less slots. He was originally going to wipe them all and make everyone start over from scratch. So I think I am grateful he is letting us keep our companies, and just asking us to rethink them a bit.

And I just noticed he is doing the original idea of 30 buildings. So it looks good to me.
Norbert Lehmann
RJ: bert
CO: Bert

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
BB .. what he means is , that he cant transfer R&D's .. i got the same problem ,tryed in all my companies and it wont transfer any of the R&D buildings, no problem with the production buildings or stores.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Yeah, I was just looking at that myself. Now I am curious what he is up to. And it is not a migration of even 20 buildings, but only 19. And the way that is worded, I am not sure what a "bonus" means either. Not a lot of "bonus" vibe going on there. ;-)
Luca Forleo
RJ: Luca Forleo

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Hi everybody! I was trying to select the buildings for the migration but when selecting my R&Ds it says invalid building type...what shall I do?
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Hi all.
Also having issue assigning R&D buildings: "Invalid building type".
Assignment works fine for Factories and Stores though.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
If it's happening when you click the R&D button then there might be some kind of error with the script that Scott will have to fix.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I believe everyone is getting this same error. If not, it's probably because you haven't tried to assign an R&D building on the migrate page.
I already submitted a bug ticket earlier.

If anyone was able to successfully place their R&D let us know
Previous [1] 2 3 4 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.