Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Litigations » IDEA v. Derpy Derp-Derp (AKA Todd Marde)

IDEA v. Derpy Derp-Derp (AKA Todd Marde)

Howard Roark
RJ: Ragnar Danneskjold
CO:

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Yup - that decision pretty much sunk me and I had to start again. So I did because I enjoy the game - I'm not moaning for the developer to change the rules or ban other players for how they play. The more players the better the game even if you think they are all idiots.
Good luck with the lawsuit - last one banned wins!
Howard Roark
CO:

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Hey Victoria - When I get out of jail next time (because I'm probably going back soon) let's hook up. Call me maybe?
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
lol how embarressing howard
Howard Roark
CO:

+ / -

Try a laugh once in a while mate - I promise you won't get hurt
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
OK, Howard get in the shower and drop the soap. Victoria is on the way.

:)
Howard Roark
CO:

+ / -

...be gentle
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Im not joking I did while I was reading that. The "lol" wasnt A lie
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

Post Rating: -3
+ / -

Looking at this thread, I can say that I achieved my goal. The amount of whining!
Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
If you feed off whining, Todd, I feel like there must be easier ways to accomplish it. Let me introduce you to some of my family members, they could keep you entertained for ages!
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Looking at this thread, I can say that I achieved my goal. The amount of whining!

That explains a lot since its clear that you're not interested in the 'Business Simulation' goal of the game.
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Oh yes I am, I really like a lot of aspects of this game. But I think it's deeply flawed, should be closed for a few months while everything is fixed, etc. The fact that the only rules are unwritten and a lot is possible (buying and crashing other companies, buying out the entire B2B, exploiting the stock market, etc.) just makes it easy to have fun.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I'd rather the developer work on features rather than bullet-proofing or policing the game for those having 'fun'. I suspect that's why he has abandoned this game.
Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

+ / -

Total Posts: 50
@Howard - "What about personal accountability? Derp could never have looted the company if it was not left open to him."

I inherited a company with a few billion stocks floating around. I don't have anywhere NEAR enough money to buy out more than 10% or so, and growing it just makes the stock rise up in price. By the time I got the ball rolling and about 20% control, Mr. Merde (pun intended) hit.

Now instead of something that I can grow and shape, the company has a debt that's a titanic chunk of my net worth, and the company is beyond unfixable because of it.

Did Marde have fun? I don't know, and I don't rightly care. But did he ruin something that I spent weeks building up, from the last person who went through and sold everything? That he did. Am I upset? Well, only somewhat, but he is like a bully who runs down the beach kicking down other kids' sand castles - the sand castle isn't the issue, the fact that he needs a good smackdown to remind him that he's not alone in this world is.
Howard Roark
CO:

+ / -

Marshall – That sucks.

Sounds like you were a pretty good CEO/Chair for that company.

There is no doubt Derp is a scoundrel and judging by his posts he might be missing a chromosome or two – but the fact is he did not break any rules in this game. He is just another player using the lucrative if not overly original exploitation tactic of buying up control in exposed companies and looting them to line his own pockets.

This forum is full of players who have been burned the same way & the EoS stock market is a graveyard of abandoned companies stricken with a similar fate. But why does this keep happening?

Control is key. Derp and vultures like him will cease to exist if a company is protected. They cannot do anything without a majority. If players managed their ownership perhaps we wouldn’t need a developer to babysit us or a forum to rant about what rules we need to make the game ‘fun’ again.

I have a proposition for you. If you want to turn around a company but don’t have enough cash for a 50% stake – Let me know. Sounds like you are a pretty good player and maybe we could partner up on a takeover/rebuild.

Regardless, I hope you keep playing.
James Melvin
RJ: The Big Cheese
CO: James Melvin

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
Marshall, thanks for sharing. As the accused in a few 'corporate raider' lawsuits - I dont find many of the arguments above very compelling, or factual; but I did enjoy your comments - to me that is the only coherent argument you can make. Happy to help you get back on your feet if need be.

You need to register or login to post a reply.