Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Litigations » IDEA v. Derpy Derp-Derp (AKA Todd Marde)

IDEA v. Derpy Derp-Derp (AKA Todd Marde)

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Derpy Derp-Derp took control of IDEA and siphoned off about $32G. Noted here for informational purposes only, since the courts seem to have been shut down.
Eli C
RJ: LD Feral
CO: LD Feral

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
It does seem like end-game raiding and pillaging is going down.
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

Post Rating: -4
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Nope, just pure, unadulterated, sweet capitalism.
Mike Finn

+ / -

I don't think you quite understand how capitalism works in the real world. What you've been doing to those companies is pure, unadulterated theft and fraud.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
No because a public company does not fully belong to you, so it was theft you idiot.
Eddie Beahre
RJ: Eddie Beahre
CO: Max

+ / -

Total Posts: 12
Well coporate governance dictates that you as a shareholder have. "The Right to Sue for Wrongful Acts(of chairman,manager,CEO,etc."

Edit: Atleast thats what my brother said
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

Post Rating: -4
+ / -

Companies gaining a majority a shares and then liquidating its assets, firing half the workforce and crippling the company happens every day - it's called Vulture Capitalism.

But yeah, it's not the real world here. We have stupid owners who leave more than 50% shares in the open and no laws other than a few unwritten rules designed by an absent dictator.

Sue me.
Mike Finn

+ / -

Yes - but when the chairman sells off the company's assets to enrich only himself and screwing the rest of the shareholders he gets thrown in jail. You're a cheater in a game that's not secure against cheaters. The funny thing is that even with all that cheating you're barely hitting any of the top ten lists - which I assume is your goal - since there seems no other point.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
You cheated. You will be banned. It is not a matter of if, but when. Afterward, you will be erased and no one will ever know you existed, except as a footnote here, where everyone is branding you a cheater. Welcome to history.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 81
With no admin action it will only happen again and again. I wish Scott would just shut that server down, we've known for months the stock market was broken. Appoint a couple admins to oversee the new one if hes that "burnt out". I get that doing everything yourself sucks and is a downward spiral. There needs to be some community managers if you actually want the game to succeed. If not, screw it and let the rest of us know.
Howard Roark
RJ: Ragnar Danneskjold
CO:

+ / -

It's too bad you can't produce kleenex in this game - the sob stories in this forum alone would make me a billionaire.

For all of those with the fragile sense of fair play who seem to expect an absolute morality from other players - Take a deep breath and remember it's just a game.

Derpy Derp-Derp saw an opportunity in the game and took advantage of it. That is how some people choose to play - You might not agree nor would you enjoy it but that's the way it is. Next time don't leave your company open to looting and Derpy won't be an issue.

I know this will fall on deaf ears. I suppose people will still feel the need to play EoS police and protect the rest of us from the evils of online business simulators. I should be greatful for your moral compass and reminding us that in the real world there are rules and all bad guys get punished, but while you lament the loss of innocence in EoS and cry for the dev to hear your next "lawsuit" consider this - Perhaps there are those that like playing the game because the rules are ambiguous and don't want to be told how we should be playing it.

Not to worry - I am certain this will end up being the game its players deserve
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
What is Fair play anyways?
....So Howard if scott came and deleted you account and did not inform you would you tell yourself well its just a game right walk on or start again I think not I think you would probably use those klenex of your and be telling your own sob story but thats besides the point.
Yes it is a game and I agree...but fair play should be determined by those playing the game and its creators. currently the only way they can voice there opinion is through this forum unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done about it until its beloved Dictator is back so for now have fun.
Mike Finn

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Well, Howard, it's pretty boring to exploit a weakness in the game design to subvert the purpose of the game. It's driving players away, and has perhaps driven the developer away. This game had a lot of promise, it's too bad it didn't succeed.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
In real life, sometimes when a majority changes hands they decide itd be better if the company was liquidated. But that doesnt mean the majority shareholder gets all the money and bails you idiot.

So No that shit isnt legal in real life. Its not "X" capitalism or whatever dumb term you labeled it, its theft from the shareholders because they saw nothing from that liquidation on the property they had ownership in. Now if a mechanism was ever added to distribute the money out proportionally it could be a legit tactic.

Edit: since its the old server and things seem to be in limbo it doesnt really matter but I just dont want this play to be accepted on the new server if stock ever gets added. Its not fair in the game and not analogous to real life in any way. If it was you might as well add a beat up competitator and rob his warehouse button (which would own).

Expansion EoC: Shady Store Crime Syndicate
Howard Roark
RJ: Ragnar Danneskjold
CO:

+ / -

Why so high strung Andrew? Mum forget to tuck you in last night?
Since you seem to have all the right answers why don't you create a game with a detailed code of ethics and strict rule system, ban anyone who steps outside of it and you and whomever remain can pat yourselves on the back over what a great job you did recreating your version of reality. Everyone gets a trophy right Andrew? - as long as they agree with you that is.

What about personal accountability? Derp could never have looted the company if it was not left open to him. If players don't want to risk that type of thing - they don't invest in the company? No rules needed no fancy litigation forums. Protect the company and the bad guys go away.

Don't worry Andrew - There are no monsters in your closet - Sleep tight little buddy.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Don't argue with Howard, he is still upset that he got caught stealing from a company.

---

This was Scott's verdict:

Case closed.

The Verdict
Judge Greenhog has reached a decision in the following case:

Plantiff:
GoonPower Inc. shareholders
v.
Defendant
Howard Roark

Count 1 - Guilty
Count 2 - Guilty
Count 3 - Guilty

Having been found guilty on all counts, Howard Roark is hereby ordered to pay GoonPower Inc. $143,322,340 plus 10% interest for a total of $157,654,574 forthwith.

Furthermore, Howard Roark is hereby sentenced to jail for a term of 8 months (about 126 server hours). Howard Roark is also ordered to pay the central bank an additional fine of $150,000,000.

The court orders GoonPower Inc. to receive first priority on all claims against Howard Roark's cash and assets until the $157,654,574 judgment has been paid in full. The central bank shall be considered a secondary claimant to GoonPower Inc.

It is later discovered that Mr. Roark's sentence was extended to 2 years due to his continued involvement in money laundering.
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.