Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Capitalism First Impressions

Capitalism First Impressions

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 37
The statistics page on the EOSpedia is vital otherwise you end up selling something with 500 percent demand met % wondering why it won't sell.

You probably don't want to get into the auto industry. I jumped onto that bandwagon at just the right time by selling my failed apparel business. Autos have 3 large companies competing for control and what's left for everyone else are scraps. I'm getting out of the car biz as soon as I can afford it. Sustainable competition against Midnight Sun is not viable at this at point unless you can afford to build stores over 1000^M2.

@Cian Yes, apparel will work but you're going to need vast stores or better yet fully manufacture your products. I was in apparel early but my profits were awful. I couldn't afford the manufacturing base as I'd need a plantation, textile plant, petrol plant, and finally clothing factory to create my own products. That's a few million right there which I could not afford not even counting research.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I definately regret to not have been jailed at start, it seems it help a lot.
Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Nice link for demand! I've been doing the "buy ten units and see what happens" thing.

Peebles of Consolidated Hardware
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
I'm glad to see some competition at last and that some literally struggle to survive. I also had to restart myself, hough was doing pretty good on the old server thanks to stock market. Scott, please think twice before you let the speculation orgy begin again!
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Bob: Yea, being accidentally jailed was an inconvenience - but the $10m given to all of them (many of whom were only worth ~1-2m at the time) was a definite boost. I see a lot of 12m+ companies around now who were among the jailed. BallC used his money to get into aircraft and sell 100 million worth of aircraft, haha. I expect he'll be #1 by tomorrow.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Apparently, someone who bought out all my apples sold out their company... or well.. something happened to em...
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
$10 million for being jailed? That is twice the starting position!
Oy.
Bob Malone

+ / -

10 millions or ( a lot ) more ?
Balon Swann
RJ: Balon Swann
CO: Balon Swann

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I'll spend a couple days in jail for 10 mil, at this point!
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
A lot better than twice starting position. We all started with 1 million so it is ten times starting position. I just passed $10M in net worth yesterday.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Yeah, I'd love to be in jail for a night for 10 mil.
Bob Malone

+ / -

If I am not wrong BallC got a lot more than 10 millions.
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Yes please send me to jail for $10mil...how is that justified at all? It's hard enough on this new server without a small group of people being "rewarded" with $10mil.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
It just occurred to me...is the maintenance on a farm the same as the maintenance on a auto factory, and a farmer's market and a gas station and a ice cream factory? And are salaries for a farm the same as salaries for an electronics factory, and a food court and a mine?
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Maintenance is 5% of the cost, so the 50k farms are only 1/4 of the maintenance of the electronics factories (200k). A size 500 farm would only cost you 125k in daily maintenance.

Other factories cost more - smelters are 300k, so a size 500 one would cost 750,000 a day in maintenance. My 1250 m2 of electronics factories cost 1,250,000 daily maintenance.

All total I paid $1,405,928.10 in salaries and $4,351,000.00 in maintenance on my company, although that's going to go up since I expanded my factories a good bit today. Farm companies are going to be more salary in comparison to maintenance.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.