Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Bug? Starting extra company

Bug? Starting extra company

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Spok Minuteman
RJ: John Black
CO: John Black

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
@Economies of Scale:

I've got 494M in my account and I'm getting the error that i don't have enough to start a next company..

"Unfortunately your personal account seems to be short on cash."
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Same problem here. I was going to open a third company but it won't let me.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Ok, apparently not a bug. A new change - new companies cost more money. Wants 50 mil for my 3rd company. Ouch, wish I had opened a third company when BallC and Sourpuss opened theirs.
Timothy Martin
RJ: Empty Inc
CO: Empty

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
It's always like this.
When the calf has drowned the well is emptied.
Spok Minuteman
RJ: John Black
CO: John Black

+ / -

Yeah, i really don't get it why.

Could scott be planning something? Or just disabled the function while he's working on something?
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
You are kidding right ?
You took benefit of a 3rd and 4th companies at discount price and you want a compensation ? compensation of what ? Maybe all players would require a compensation for having to pay 25M to have a 3rd company ?

A part of that, changing the rule this way is not the smartest idea of the year... Users who are owning 3 or more companies are already way ahead, and adding fee for others players strongly reinforces leaders in their position.

So sorry but to require a compensation could be only considered as a joke.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Its getting pretty hilarious that the old server is called the "beta server" and cap-online is somehow presented as a finished product server. Might as well just shut down the old one, and call this the beta server until all the changes really get finalized. Gameplay is changed almost daily.

I think that is where BallC's frustration is coming from Bob. Nobody likes to have major changes to game mechanics without any notice. Its a game about long term planning and its currently impossible to actually make any plans with confidence right now. Keep things in perspective though. If a new influx of players come in say 2 months from now, they'll be looking at players like Bob too saying they'll never be able to catch up. Thats just how it goes in a game all about growth.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Apart of the rules change, how could he be frustrated on something that confort him in his leading position ? And behind, request a compensation ?

And there is absolutely no way to catch up in this game, the more you win, the more you win, that's how it works.
id dumb
RJ: iddumb
CO: ID Dumb

+ / -

I'm going to brag if I get auto-jailed.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Ok you lose one company but you got profit from it, and got money back from it. Others players will lose 250M in the same time to get a 4th company... So how you could complain so much ?
I think I could complain a lot more than you about the change, and I don't.
Bob Malone

+ / -

that's 2 different stories, if you paid 250M when you expected to pay 10M, or if you only sold the company , and discover that it would be 250M to recreate it ( but you are not obliged to, you can invest your money in your 3 actual companies ).
Please clarify.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I was very adversely affected by this problem as well. I had set up a supplier relationship w/ BallC and it was really going great. I think the reason he liquidated was exploiting the stupid instabuild bug, and for that I have little empathy, but I just wanted to point out that I lost a major buyer because of this bug and my company is going to make 1/2 as much today as yesterday as a result.

The only reason I made money yesterday was because BallC was nice enough to buy out the inventory he had essentially ordered, which he was not obligated to do, he's not a bad guy,

I think he should get this company back, but I think that the 3rd and 4th companies created prior to the change should be saddled with some loans to slowly pay off the increased startup fees.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
@BallC - you are right, not a bug, but doesn't really make sense.

Ratan would do far better in allowing a player to take out a loan to start a second company. If I could do that I would in a second.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Well, other players will have to pay an extra $40 million to establish a third company - so don't be too upset about losing your 4th. That change right there is going to cost me 40 mil to get on a level footing with you and Sourpuss. Not having a third company is why I'm falling behind right now.

Sure, it sucks - but you were selling it to abuse the flawed influence system so I can't have that much sympathy for you. :p

If anything the extra established companies should get an extra loan to make up for the additional expense that should have been charged.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
In all fairness, my suggestion was to scale the company cost past what had already been established.

And it's gamey stuff like selling and re-establishing for influence infinite upgrades that brought on the downfall of EoS.

My suggestion also was to help take away this loophole for bigger players.

I have no problem, if BallC agrees, with taking on a $40m loan. Not perfect, but better than a free $40m.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Well, I guess you can expect unannounced changes like that playing on a beta server.

Oh wait...
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.