Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Bug? Starting extra company

Bug? Starting extra company

Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Haha holy crap, from what I can guess (he hasnt said anything yet) RJ read the botting thread and at least partially agreed that bots were overpowered and unfair, so he decides to try and slow its growth, thus screwing everyone who didnt already have those companies. YOU CAN NEVER OUTSCALE A BOT THEY PLAY ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE BETTER THAN ANY PLAYER COULD. Structuring the game against botting isnt a winning proposition as it hurts everyone. Most other games get this and ban them. Just ban using them if you dont like em.
Andrew Naples

+ / -

hence the "from what I can guess (he hasnt said anything)"
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
@BallC I say pack sand. If you were to get that money then I want the millions it will cost me to start up companies after my first that will cost me more than you paid for them.

You sure seem to like hunting out all the GAMEY action you can. Trying to compensate for something? The company wasn't worth that unless you paid that for it which you didn't, just because you sold it one day and tried to reestablish it the next and the cost went up is tough shit. If anything I think everyone who started companies beyond their first should be retroactively charged for what the current price is.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I don't think you need to be compensated since you benefited from a 4th company for some time, and others players won't have access to it without paying a lot of money.

Giving you 250M to open a new company would be really stupid ( or having it for free , either )
Richard Ripberger

+ / -

Just write it off as Karma compensating for the way you got $250M+ ahead in the first place. Two unfairs make a fair! :)
Andrew Naples

+ / -

Think about it this way BallC, that 245 million bug put you within 130M of the next player so you look like you're actually playing the game.

In all seriousness it does suck that this happened though man and if its a bug I hope its fixed.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Clemen - he didn't actually go down 245 mil in net worth. The cost of starting companies isn't added to net worth. My net worth is probably going to be dropping tomorrow since I started a new company for $50 million today after the cost changes.

BallC - it sucks, but you'll survive. You and Sourpuss already have a 40m advantage over everyone else after the change, with the cost of the third company going up to 50m. You would have had a 280m free advantage over everyone else with the fourth company, imagine how many people would be complaining about you if you still had it? If you want to get back into jewelry you could always sell your food court company and make a jewelry one for 50m. Or just smash all the buildings and build a jewelry company without influence like me - I've been upgrading all my buildings over the past few days without any influence.

Maybe I'm just overly cautious, but I think I would have tried to start a new company BEFORE selling off the one I had. If I had 10m in the bank and it wouldn't give me the option to make one, I wouldn't sell it until I'd confirmed what was up. It's not the end of the world, though - with 70 hours time you can build 1000m2 stores from nothing, so just get a company with 6 slots unlocked and you can have 6000m2 of store in less than 3 days even on an existing company.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I think I'm the only person who wishes BallC still had a large jewelry company. If any other heavy hitters wanna take on the market leader, hit me up. I can get you import quality or better gold, silver ores and diamonds. Let's do this!
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
I probably should have went into jewelry instead of aircraft, haha. But aircraft is just so much more interesting than jewelry. I just hope I don't wind up regretting it, BallC bailed out of aircraft because of the sales changes making it nearly impossible to sell them. And getting into producing them is going to be costly - the research costs alone are insane.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
You should do pretty well if you just import parts and fabricate planes/helos from there.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
long term/mid term I will go also in Aircraft, just because I love planes :)
Richard Ripberger

+ / -

@Cian yeah I remember that about aircraft. Million and millions per research level not to mention the cost of the buildings.

@BallC tell you what I will give you my entire net worth for half of what you have left. That make you happy? As was pointed out you could have bought the new company first. Shame but no more unjust than the money early on to the jailed players, at a point when a few million dollars made a huge difference. Not going to fret over you getting screwed out of money you made from the blood of those poor slaves (bots). :)
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Ballc, did you pay 250 millions for the fourth company that you sold? No, right? You paid 10 millions for it. So why you think you deserve compensation for it?

Just like those that didn't invest in the 4th company can't now ask for compensation, you also can't ask for compensation for selling your company.

This is your own words:
The length of time I benefited from the 4th company is irelevant as is the fact that the change in mechanics will impact other players. They had the same opportunity to open additional companies while they were still "cheap" but chose not to take advantage of it. I, on the other hand, did take advantage of it and ended up with a strong advantage by having 4 companies.

You had the same opportunity not to sell your 4th company. You didn't have the 240 millions advantage when you started the 4th company, you had the 240 millions advantage because the mechanic changed. So the same mechanic changed that gave you 240 millions advantage also took it away because you sold your company. I guess that is fair. If you want the 4th company, you pay 250 millions like everyone else.

Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Victoria,

He's repeatedly, really, asked for the company back in the state it was. Which I think is fair. If this had happened to anyone else, they'd be bitching too. This is all sour grapes against BallC because he is a botter and has more $$ than other people.

The REAL problem is that Scott/Ratan is AWOL on communicating with the users. Does he want us all to leave? Easier than convincing us to undergo another reset.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Okay then. To be fair, I also want 240 millions for the 4th company and 15 millions for the 3rd company.

If I know that the pricing to establish new companies will rise that much, I would invest in 3rd and 4th companies. So it is only fair that I get the differences between the old price and the new price. :)

You need to register or login to post a reply.