Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » .

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Have to agree here, its frustrating to see another exploit to jumpstart companies. If its illegal to "launder" money on the B2B between accounts, why is not illegal to "hire" yourself on another account to speed build.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Well I'd define an "exploit" as using a given mechanic in an unintended way to gain an advantage over other players. Really who would think "oh if I make a second account and then hire my other account I can instabuild 2500m buildings. That is a huge advantage and must be what is intended."

I agree with your proposal in general, but 2500 is pretty huge especially when you have the cash to throw down on a half dozen (or more) stores to that size. If its meant for newbies thats way out of the ballpark for them. I login as a newbie and for the sake of argument see a world news item saying petroleum is in short supply export price is skyrocketing. Sweet, 5 million bucks from my newbie loan straight into a well is 500m. Ballmart sees the same thing and starts a new company and opens 6 or more 2500m wells...

I'd definitely like to see some degree of instabuild, as a 10m store is completely useless, especially to an established player expanding into a new market, but personally I'd think a lower limit than 2500m is more appropriate. Thats for everyone. I saw that tooltip as a newbie and laughed at building a 2500m anything. 500 would seem more reasonable, being in reach to newbies and still fairly useful but not gamebreaking to the richer folks. That way breaking into a new industry is similar for newbies and established players. Obviously the cash reserves of an established player will still help, but not totally decimate a new guy.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
My biggest store right now is 338, that is like the 3rd or 4th tier in relation to quests... It is easy to just expand and get really big....

Instabuild just allows players to skip the low tier stuff if they plan ahead and pump money into construction...
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
I think that this idea is a good one. Starting up a new company and waiting for weeks to be able to use it is pretty boring. If we could rush any building to, say, 500 m^2, then that would allow any new company to get on its feet much more quickly.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I think a more appropriate instabuild level would be something like the minimum of: squarefeet that you can build in half a week, squarefeet equal to 5M dollars (number pulled out of thin air for now).

I think having a high instabuild rate is a bad idea, although I admit I loved it when I first saw the idea. The big problem comes in when you combine instabuild with how easy it is to found or takeover a new company so that you have more than just 2 or 3 companies total. Even a modest number of 1000 sqft cap per building means that people can build 10+ days of airplane broker buildings with no waiting. There'd be no way to build any sort of advantage over new accounts--just a few people maxing all their store slots with said buildings would trivially destroy the market demand %.

If you had an airline business and instabuilt up to 1000, then built solid for 3 weeks (a long time by game standards), it would take only 3 people deciding to start an airplane business (or 1 person starting 3 companies) to get to the same place it took the first company. That seems unbalanced and trivializes the time component to this game.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
So let's take a vote:

A. Keep it as Newbie Only
B. Open it for Everyone

1. Limit at 500 m^2
2. Limit at 1000 m^2
3. Limit at 1500 m^2

I'll start by voting A2 (current)
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 107
B1.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
B1, also, or even lower.

The auto expand makes stock market exploits and various pump and dump exploits much more attractive. Reducing it will dampen their appeal somewhat.

But however much is there should be available to everyone, or it just invites account juggling shenanigans.

Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 104
B1
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
A1
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
A1
Sean Wright
RJ: Mr. Wright
CO: Sean Wright

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
A2 or A3... I actually liked up to 2500 although I never really got past 1000. The problem sounds like a bug. People are hiring noobs because it counts there level towards the build when it should count the owners! That is just the way I see it though.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
B unlimited

The only issue i've is that my growth is exponential but construction can only go up linearly so I've ton of money I'm wasting outsourcing research ibstead of being spent on making even more money.
Toaster D'Awesome
RJ: Toaster The Awesome

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
I'm going to vote B1, with the caveat that it should probably be a 500 per building limit with a total m² limit of perhaps 3000 per building class (store/factory/R&D, maybe lower for the last) in place. That way, an existing player could jump start a company some, but not leverage huge amounts of cash to have every factory slot filled to 500 instantly.
Toaster D'Awesome
RJ: Toaster The Awesome

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
Actually, now that I think about it, why not make it something like 3-5k m² max rushable size across all buildings? That's enough to start a functional company without limiting it to several small factories/stores instead of one large one.
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.