Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » .

Sean Wright
RJ: Mr. Wright
CO: Sean Wright

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
@David I disagree. I think the flaw is with the way insta-build is working. The point is it should not work with a new company, but a new player. The whole point of it is to kick start the new players not help all players. An established player should not be allowed to hire a new player and take advantage of the insta-build nor should they be allowed to start a new company and take advantage of insta-build.

Perhaps insta-build should change to a 72hr noob period where all construction/research during that period is instant. Sort of like Evony.

I do agree that what ever is chosen, if it is instant, make it instant. No additional clicks. The intended purpose was for noobs and if they can't find it only experienced players can take advantage.

Again, my opinion and I believe the original intention was to get noobs started and make it so they can play right away as opposed to waiting for buildings to finish.

@Scott Buildings need to be able to be cancelled and get rid of the 168hr max upgrade time
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 48
B1
Sirian Aralim
RJ: Sirian
CO: Sirian

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
B3 or more. You get too easily to a point where your factories spend more time expanding than producing, which i find ridiculous. Either reduce building time, or make it easier to instabuild.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
The problem sounds like a bug. People are hiring noobs because it counts there level towards the build when it should count the owners! That is just the way I see it though.

Ok I misunderstood the question...
So yes, I agree with above statement, it's not a feature change/request , it's just a bug.

At least it would avoid the (multi)account creation just for this purpose.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I'm with Sean Wright. Instabuild should be for new players only--and non-new players should not be able to hire new players to instabuild for them.

Giving any extra advantage on a per-business basis (ie: remove restriction on new-players-only), only serves to exacerbate the issue where the person who runs the most companies "wins".
Art Vandelay
RJ: Arthur Vandelay
CO: eightysixed

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Voting: B1.
Sean Wright
RJ: Mr. Wright
CO: Sean Wright

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
@Innocent Bystander Thank you. You said that way better than I did.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
I vote B1. Any kind of time limit or player level thing just penalizes new players for not playing optimally (ie, accidentally bumping their level over the "new player" cutoff before spending their cash on upgrades).

It also gives people room to experiment a bit before they expand fully into something. Finding that the fruit industry is overcrowded? Smash your buildings and expand into something else - you lose 10% of your money, but at least you don't have to wait several days to see the new results. Being limited to 500 means they would still have to spend time expanding once they got serious on it.

Being able to have a bit of a boost fixing public companies that have been ransacked would be nice too.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
B1.

(B) because making it newbie only is a nice idea in theory but in practice it's producing an incentive for folks to cheat around the limit with spare accounts. If you want to put the time an effort into policing alt account behavior or have a foolproof system for automatically preventing/rectifying that, okay; otherwise, get rid of the incentive.

(B1) because keeping the limit low means it's most meaningful for newer players, who have the most ground to cover; it's still enough for established players to quickly bootstrap a basic new line of work or facility type; and it's low enough that "bootstrapping" doesn't become a ridiculous sort of instant-gratification thing.

This way it's a nice quick bump from literally small potatoes to a decent little facility. That seems like a good balance, and the difference in strategic and logistical position between new vs. established players means the new players will get MORE VALUE out of the same functionality, which is ideal since established players are already holding every other sort of advantage and have already decided to stick with the game.

You get too easily to a point where your factories spend more time expanding than producing, which i find ridiculous.

This is a good problem to have; you don't have to deal with that unless you are a big company with a lot of established square footage already. If you want to have less downtime per facility, duplicate facilities and do rolling upgrades. If you have too many facility types to make that workable, buy more real estate. If you've bought it all or are priced out of the remaining lots, establish a new company and split off part of your manufacturing line to that one instead and rework your facilities accordingly with duplication.

Running a huge business means planning and logistics and downtime. It means solving "I want to massively expand my holdings" by finding solutions other than asking to be allowed to just always instantly build stuff.
Timothy Martin
RJ: Empty Inc
CO: Empty

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
Why not just limit instabuild to the actual owner of a company?
Or make hiring only possible after the instabuild networth limit?
That would be more elegant solutions.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 17
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
I am in favor of B1. As it is now, a newbie who games his available wealth can take far, far greater advantage of the instant construction than one who does not. A small cap on the maximum size, less than a week's worth, ensures that established companies maintain a large advantage over newcomers.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
In general I'm seeing B1 more, so B1 it is.

There are reasons for not doing the owner check:
1A. Hire a newbie, sell stocks, make newbie chairman, insta-build, buy shares back
OR
1B. Let a newbie insta-build and take the company public, takeover the company.
2. Public companies thus gain an unfair advantage over private companies.

@David

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll correct them.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I'd be in favor of B1 provided it's implemented hand-in-hand with a mechanism to limit the number of companies that one individual can run (owner & ceo combined) to a number in the mid single digits. If someone can found/takeover a bunch of companies and get almost a week's worth of build time for no time cost, the more businesses they run, the more advantage they have--and the more trivial one or two week's worth of building upgrades becomes.

Instead of having one number for every building (such as 500 sqft), it might be wise to make it depend on how fast that particular building can be constructed: most factories go up at a rate of 1 sqft per 5 minutes, but high-end factories (air, water, auto, others?) go up at a rate of 1 sqft per 15 minutes. Should 5-minute-factories get 1500 sqft instabuilds to make them equivalent in 'free build time'?
James Grey
RJ: Dairy Aire
CO: Dairy Aire

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
B1 however there should be an additional limit of 2500m^2 overall.
Samuel Turgeon
RJ: Ilikor Yutori
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
A1

You need to register or login to post a reply.