Stock Market Buyback

Previous [1] 2 Next
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
anyone able to help? book value per share (as listed by game, when I select initiate share buyback) is about $64K a share

last trade -- $500,000 / share

system is trying to force me to buy back shares at $500k, rather than book value per share

is there some way I can over ride this?
Hakim al-Malik
RJ: Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz
CO: Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
The easiest way to do this would be to sell yourself the a share at $64k (post a bid order for 1 share valued at $64k, then post a sell order for 1 share at Market Price). This will make the last trade shown $64k.

However, I'm assuming that this has to do with ACC ... If so why don't you just take it private? The other shareholder (Jack Stone) hasn't been online since February 9th, so you can take the company private since you have no other active shareholders other than yourself. In this case the company would buy back the shares owned by Jack Stone at book value.

Just a thought.

Disclaimer: I only play on the CO server, where the aforementioned advice would work. I'm not familiar with the details of the Test server stock market system.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

thanks for your post, Hakim al-Malik. I play on "Test Server" (don't know the alpha code for that server). I did try to take company public, knowing Jack Stone has long been inactive.

game is trying to force me to buy his 252K shares at $500K each, rather than book value

I'll try your first suggestion, to place one buy / sell order at $64K, to see if game will let me get that locked into price for fair market value; thanks
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
The codes are [RJ] - RatJoy and [CO] - CapitalismOnline. RJ was the first running server and has been relegated to testing roles, while CO is the "production" server.
This needs to be made into more common knowledge.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

@ shark laser: though this thread is now off-topic, I'm going to continue to reply here

first, thanks for your informative explanation of the differences between the [RJ] server and the [CO] server.

couple of follow-on questions

first, is it "harder" to play on the [CO] server than it is on the [RJ] server? Are the players more experienced on [CO] and are the actual rules of play more difficult?

Second, are you aware of players who choose to play on both servers?

I'll probably have more questions, but those are the two that come to mind after I read your explanation of the diff between [RJ] and [CO]. Again, thanks for the info.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I, and many others, play on both. The only differences I can see is the ability to give grants on RJ, and minor cosmetic things.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

thanks, Caligula/ Tiny. I see from looking at the "box scores" for one industry sector -- apparel -- it seems more players on RJ have more products (all, actually) covered for apparel at least than do on CO.

I'll keep monitoring RJ, and might start a company there.

follow-up question: is it easier for other players for me to create a different user name if I do play on both RJ and CO?
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Both servers have many products with hardly any demand filled.

You already have several companies on RJ -- the test server. I think you meant CO.

As for your name -- I don't think it makes much difference.
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

I only play on CO. Can't get past the tutorial on RJ.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

@ Hakim: I suggest you send an email to scot; I had the same problem with the stupid tutorial on RJ -- he simply took my log-in and password info I included in email I sent him, and cleared RJ server from Tutorial -- all set at "zero."

then I started AndrewCarnegieCompany

you can find email to contact Scot at bottom of page; good luck
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

But CO is turning out to be quite busy for me so I'm not gonna tempt fate with RJ.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

I see you've got a business in every industry sector in CO. May I ask: when did you start in CO, and what was your first industry? You've done very well. I just opened a company in CO 2 weeks ago, and it's in apparel/ textiles. I hope in 6 months to expand out to office / paper products, but we'll see
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

LOL, Thank you :-)

I started last June ... I've been playing for about 9 months. My first industry was petrochemical. Chemnaft was my first company, and in it's early days it produced all kinds of petrochemicals. As the demand for other pterochems grew, I started moving production to other specialized companies and my first company now only supplies chemicals and petroleum. Most of the companies are part of a vertically integrated supply chain with excess inventory being sold off in retail.

After my petrochemical co. my next two companies were an agricultural and a wood/paper company.
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I just took a look at Hakim's CO page and... by Jove, I know you can just set all of them to one week production and be done with it, but how much maintenance do all of these even require?
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Right now it's a bit time consuming as I'm re-organizing my companies, but once that's complete it doesn't take that much time. Once every few days it takes about a good half hour to update everything, but for the most part I pop once or twice a day to check on sales levels in my stores and that's about it.
Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Right now it's a bit time consuming as I'm re-organizing my companies, but once that's complete it doesn't take that much time. Once every few days it takes about a good half hour to update everything, but for the most part I pop once or twice a day to check on sales levels in my stores and that's about it.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.