Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Club Rats Den » Public Company Limitations

Public Company Limitations

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I've been considering placing a limit on stock-related activity, and here is what I came up with:

N changes per day. (thinking about N = 3)

Meaning you can only do stock related actions N times before you have to wait for the daily update.

Actions include but are not limited to:
Changing dividend, changing chairman bonus, stock split, issue new shares, buyback shares.

In all honesty I don't think any of those should be done on a daily basis.

EDIT:
Another thing - I think I'll add something to decrease the share price on companies that offer high dividend but can't pay up.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Also note, the stock split function is ready, but not ready for release until this issue has been ironed out.
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
In all honesty I say: Real world stocks don't change very often, prices rise and fall faster then in game, also in game stocks grow, but rarely fall on their own, suggest this, if possible with every tick, or every hour, adjust stocks using a revolving/random equation, so during the day stocks rise/fall more often and even when company is very profitable stocks can temporarily fall, so more randomness, and possibly a drone company to buy/sell shares at bid/ask prices as previously discussed in another thread, now as for limited actions by chairman,

1. Chairman bonus: once/3 days possibly once/day, seems too often though.
2. Dividend: should be able to raise dividends everyday if you wish. once/day
3. Stock Split limited to once/15days or once/month and stock must be close to 100% gain
Example of split stock was $150 at last split, next split stock must be 75% of $300
4. Issue new shares only available when less then 5-10% of company total shares are outstanding, limits people to real world circumstances.
5. Buy back shares, A company should be allowed to buy back any and all shares outstanding at anytime, at least once/day.

Please let me know what you think, thats everyone who reads this please feel free to comment on my post :P I want all of us to be able to enjoy this great game :D
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I had a lazy plan to just use 1 variable to store total number of actions, but I guess your suggestion makes enough sense to warrant multiple variables...

Point 4 is awesome, I didn't think of this one.

One disagreement though: I believe value shouldn't be a factor in the split/reverse split. As long as the end price is above a minimum price, say, $5.00 - just go ahead and do splits all you want. Of course the x times per y days restriction still applies.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

Sounds like an excellent Idea! right inline with you on that!
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I just implemented some sort of "issue new share" mechanism on my test server, and the result is I was able to raise $21G cash ($21,000,000,000) on Rat & Joy Co. by issuing another 30% shares. Does this even make sense?

or should I just release it anyways and re-do the stock market system when we get say... 200 players?
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Well, the stock market makes people ridiculously rich so I don't think that the 21G is too outlandish. That being said, if people stopped buying stocks because they like the name of the company, the stock market might actually work. I have a good dividend, killer EPS and a low P/E and I have more available shares than companies like ZP with a negative P/E.

As a matter of fact, I will raise my dividend to above 1% and see what happens.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

I say use your own judgement, if you feel thats too much growth too fast well, you remember my growth explosions :P, then if it's too much limit it......
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I'll just leave it like that until our player base explodes :-)
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
It may be better to introduce real stocks - value is not randomly changed by game (AFAIK it is current situation) but there is a bid/ask market.
LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
What about the ability for a tender offer? Or in other words: the ability to buy stock directly from another player when there are no publicly traded shares left (just like in Capitalism).
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Yes, I've been spending so much time on the updater lately that I'm now officially one whole week behind schedule on the List. :-(

So sorry, no suggestions accepted at all right now.

Hopefully today's changes solved everything so I can finally work on the List again, and then take in more suggestions when that's done.

You need to register or login to post a reply.