Problems with income

Previous 1 [2] Next
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I sell my lumber at roughly 3x the cost it takes me to grow it, and only sell what I don't need for production of paper products for my own stores. Dropped some for sale on the Test server side just a short while ago.
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
The Resource Company has dropped some lumber at wholesale price.
Forrest Weinheimer
RJ: Squatchhammer
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Tried restarting a couple of times and still having problems. It really feels like youre scrapping by without any way of breaking through, if youre lucky. He really needs a teir system or something to let the smaller companies start working out before letting them run.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Five researches of a random quality
It's actually not that random, but a % of the "top tech" as calculated from the top companies in the industry. That way I can stay lazy and don't have to change things as players progress.

I see. I must have misread part of it then when I did that restart last night. It's still pretty nice having some decent research technology from the get-go though.

If you sell the company after restart, you will get a hefty sum of money and no debt, depending on how 'lucky' you are with the research. Of course, in exchange, you will start with no research. But... since tech is high in test, you can coast up 30-some levels, which should get you a good foothold in starting to sell stuff in stores and maybe on B2B. (In CO, you'd get to around 15-20 research...)
More importantly, you can focus on the product type you want instead of going with RNG. Agriculture is not recommended, it is a huge slog since return on per item sold is extremely low. Go with something on a higher margin.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Raw ag items get their profit from B2B moreso than stores. I've operated a fruit company purely through B2B and it's now a billion dollar business. It's also one of the company I enjoy running the most.

If you want to make profit on the retail side, starting up a food processing company that gets the raw materials from B2B can be pretty profitable. My fruit can be sold for a 150% markup or more in stores as is, but indeed the sales will be slow unless you have massive stores and large market share. If you process them into a final product that increases even more and the sales are much better.

Keep in mind though, that this isn't really a fast-paced game. If you can create a million dollar company from scratch (no cash injections from your player or anything) in less than 1 week I'd say you're a pretty good player.
On the CapOL side my company is about a month old, maybe a little less, and its net worth is currently $8.45M
Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.