Problems with income

Previous [1] 2 Next
Forrest Weinheimer
RJ: Squatchhammer
CO:

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Right now I am just hurting for cash and I have no IDEA what to do to turn my company around.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Well, it could be a great many of things. To be pithy, this is an economic business game, and if you don't understand the basics of supply/demand and supply chains, then you'll want to at least do some reading before you play this game.

You'll need at least a factory, to produce goods in. You'll also need a store to sell those goods in. You could export these goods on the export market instead of building a store, but you won't gain as much profit, and not all goods can be exported, and often times at the early stages in a company you won't be able to produce goods cheap enough to even make any profit at all on the export market. You'll also want a R&D building related to the goods you are producing in your factory, so you can increase the quality level of the items your producing so that they will sell for a higher MSRP in your stores.
Forrest Weinheimer
RJ: Squatchhammer
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
I've been doing that very same thing just that I'm not selling. Even with the test of selling everything at one cent it was not selling at all. So now I'm in a hole with almost no way out.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
as a beginner myself, i have 4 golden rules that i wish i knew when starting:

1. focus only on products with very low demand met!
unfortunately, the game doesnt tell beginers that you can see demand met percentage for each product in "stats" section (which located in the eos pedia). also remember that more expensive products has higher demand potential than cheaper ones. now this is where i personally had problems so pay attention:
50% is a high level of demand met.
40% high.
30% high.
20% still high
10% is good :)

2. you cant over emphasize the importance of store size. 100m store will sell times ten as a 10m store. simple as that

3. remember this fact:
in this game, you will have absolutely no competitive advantage , whatsoever, over a bigger company than you, in any aspect of the game, EVER.

the only thing you do have is:
the agility to quickly exploit market fallacies (like when a good product drops to 0% demand met because some giant forgot to manufacture it this week), and the will to sell low cost products that simply dont have enough collective demand to be worth the time of the biggies (yeah basically the scrapes)
depressing i know :/

4. if you are doing too bad, restart your company and start over (its in the settings) . i was in your exact situation a month ago and thats what saved me

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Restart is advised if you have negative equity, especially since the update made it more feasible.
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

+ / -

Total Posts: 48
if you have a good factory then pick 3 things for it to produce and sell to requesters.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
You might want to try producing and cornering the market on one of the following products seeing as there is little to no demand being met on them...

* Strawberry Banana Cake
* Tiramisu
* Beef Patties
* Frozen Pizza
* Cheeseburger
* Chicken Burger
* Fried Drumsticks
* Hamburger
* Hot Dog
* Pizza
* Pot Roast
* Steak Taco
* Artificial Leather
* Nylon Thread
* Vinyl Thread
* Cap
* Dress Suit

This is just after looking at ten random categories first glance and picking everything that is at or below 1.00% demand met. All you've got to do is produce a more affordable and higher quality product and you should be set.

By the way, for those that haven't tried it yet, restarting your company now gives you $10.00 M to work with, as well as five researches of a random quality. The main downside though is that you'll have a $9.00 M loan to contend with, but that should be fine.

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Five researches of a random quality
It's actually not that random, but a % of the "top tech" as calculated from the top companies in the industry. That way I can stay lazy and don't have to change things as players progress.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Five researches of a random quality
It's actually not that random, but a % of the "top tech" as calculated from the top companies in the industry. That way I can stay lazy and don't have to change things as players progress.

I see. I must have misread part of it then when I did that restart last night. It's still pretty nice having some decent research technology from the get-go though.
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

+ / -

Total Posts: 48
remember to ask around for supplys and sales.
if you are after meat or animals i can cut you a good deal if you can stand 0Q.
the same go for any thing you can mine.
Mlbwy Starwarsfan
RJ: Urist McCheedows
CO: Urist McTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
If you don't want debt then I always sell my company from the get go, you should get 5 million back and no debt. Although I'm an extreme newbie is why I prefer not having to handle a debt of 9 million
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

A $9.00 M debt incurs an upkeep of $90k once daily. It really isn't much compared to the other expenses you would have to deal with when the daily upkeep comes along. Besides, when you sell your company you are supposed to make a profit off of the proceeds from it, and from the looks of things selling your company from the get-go after restart incurs a profit loss of $5.00 M after the update seeing as you start with $10.0 M.

Therefore it would be in my opinion much wiser to invest that $10.0 M you start with after a restart or upon the creation of a new account on the test server to develop some method of bringing in a profit of some kind that you could then turn around and use to pay off your loan. Check out the demand for various products in EOS-Pedia and then go from there when it comes to building your business empire from the ground-up.

If I may offer a suggestion we could use people to fill the bacon, batter, and mayonnaise markets with affordable quality products. Each of those has less than 3% of their demand met and are being sold at exuberant prices that seem unreasonable for such products in comparison to their wholesale value. Why not produce better products at a better price than the competitors and take more of the demand for yourself?
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
The prices for mayo are correct and accurate, matching MSRP. It also a difficult market to compete in hence the low demand met. It takes a long time to produce, needs ingredients from several different factories, and the Units Demanded is really high which is why the demand met % is low.
Mlbwy Starwarsfan

+ / -

Could anyone produce some fairly priced lumber? The current prices are insane, I don't need Q
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I must have missed it, which world are you in?
Mlbwy Starwarsfan

+ / -

EoS
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.