Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Pressing Charges Against Secret Lair *READ IF YOU HAVE STOCK

Pressing Charges Against Secret Lair *READ IF YOU HAVE STOCK

James Tate
RJ: Nickelas James Tate

Post Rating: -14
+ / -

Total Posts: 33
Post hidden due to its low rating (click here to show post)
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
dividend is not an entitlement.. company can choose not to give any...
you can sell the stock if it doesn't meet your required rate of return.
David MacIver
RJ: DRMacIver
CO: David R. MacIver

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 47
Secret Lair apologises for any inconvenience yesterday's failure to pay dividends may have caused our shareholders. We were undergoing a period of expansion in order to increase our profits, and thus our future dividends, and as a result of the increased costs and interrupted business were unsure of our ability to pay dividends yesterday and felt it prudent to temporarily cancel them (we also didn't pay any chairman's bonus, as although the percentage remained the same the company was not in profit yesterday due to the cost of building over 1000 m^2 of new factory space).

We also apologise if anyone feels that we have made an implicit commitment to maintaining short-term profits at the expense of long-term ones. Rest assured that this is not the case, and that as a result some days the most strategically sound decision will be to not pay dividends that day.

We must however note that the claim that we have "frequently" done this is a blatant falsehood and calls into question the reliability of Mr Tate. Yesterday was the only day we have ever lowered rather than raised our dividends, as our shareholders can trivially verify by checking their player news.

In the interests of full disclosure the following is a complete record of all changes to Secret Lair dividends:

Apr 16, 2012: 12:48 AM: RAISED to $0.05 per share.
Apr 15, 2012 7:36 AM: LOWERED to $0.00 per share.
Apr 15, 2012 6:27 AM: RAISED to $0.05 per share.
Apr 13, 2012 12:31 AM: RAISED to $0.03 per share.
Apr 12, 2012 1:20 AM: RAISED to $0.01 per share.

If Mr Tate still feels aggrieved, we recommend he sells his shares. He will no doubt make a tidy profit off doing so due to the continuing increase in our share price, at least as long he doesn't take the proceeds and invest them in a company that follows his economic advice.

Sincerely,
David MacIver
Chairman of Secret Lair
Space Butler
RJ: Space Butler
CO: Space Butler

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
$1000? Really? I would spend that much to see a dancing rat icon spin around on my user page for a day.
Matthew Suozzo
RJ: Buckaroo Bonzai

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 40
As would I. Put it on the list.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Also, they turned me into a newt.

You need to register or login to post a reply.