Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Poll: Auto-grabbing by export companies

Poll: Auto-grabbing by export companies

Previous [1] 2 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
There seems to be a lot of confusion ever since the addition of the "auto-grabbing" feature.

So the question:
Should I remove the auto-purchase feature from export companies altogether?
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 41
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Could you replace it with a Confirm/cancel pop-up warning people that they could export it and make more money?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
... Why didn't I think of that?
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
I like the feature, myself. But a confirm/cancel dialog would be a fine addition.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Yeah, confirmation on auto-grab would be a great compromise, I'd love to see that. Sometimes I'm trying to clear inventory, sometimes I just type really badly.

Question, actually: does the auto-grab try to optimize for you by selling to the highest-bidding export target, or does it optimize for the exporter by selling to the lowest-bidding one?
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
I think it should optimize to the exporter. I'm sure the player will still get a monetary benefit, but more importantly, it should get them thinking about checking the prices on exports and realizing they have an (up to that point) unexplored option.
Tony Wooster
RJ: Johnny Appleseed

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
I agree: Either confirmation with forced export, or just a warning. That should prevent fat fingers as well.

I'm starting to ponder just how much hand-holding the game should do, and how much should be the work of the player. I have a little script that will look up b2b prices/qualities in the provided statistics so that I can see my expected profit margin when sold at retail; this is the sort of thing that is essential to have to make intelligent purchasing decisions.

I think half of the fun of the game is in the playing, and the other half is in building tools to assist your playing.
Kudaros Cornercutter
RJ: Kudaros

+ / -

Total Posts: 17
I like the idea of a confirmation notice.

Would you consider some way of letting players know that they have priced something higher than the cost of importing an equivalent (or greater) quality good? I want to do more B2B transactions, but when the import market is cheaper...
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
actually what is the point of auto grabbing?
if someone sold good below the price of export price, then it is their own fault for not checking market price b4 selling.

and for someone who benefit from buying underprice goods and sell to export, it is due to their diligent to do some research on the pricing.
Josh Millard

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

It's (a) a kindness to new players which will save them from ruinous misunderstandings and ideally help them get their thinking straight about the role the export market plays in the game, and (b) a defense against fat-fingered errors by old and new players alike.

I don't like losing a road race because of one sneeze but at least driving games are twitch by design; I especially don't like losing a couple million on a bog-normal B2B listing because my finger slipped or my browser hiccupped during that vital 250 ms where decimal point placement was going down.

So I'm pretty in favor of autograb-with-confirmation.
David MacIver
RJ: DRMacIver
CO: David R. MacIver

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
The feature also appears to be not correct (either that or the export prices are fairly misleading and are quality linked in some manner that isn't reported and I don't understand). I just tried to put a whole bunch of strawberries on the market for 0.45 and had them instantly snapped up, but the highest export price listed for strawberries is 0.39.

(This was fairly annoying as putting them on the market at that price was part of an Incredibly Cunning Plan which has now been delayed)
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Export is modified by quality, only 1% though, compared to a stores 2%. (to encourage player interaction)
Josh Millard

+ / -

Yeah. If you don't want to do the napkin math to figure out the 1%-per-Q-level price on a good yourself, you can test-drive the export price explicitly for a given Q good by going to the B2B market screen, clicking the export listing for the good, and seeing what's reported as "Actual unit price" for the selected Q level, right under "Base unit price" which is what the export listing shows on the main page.
David Newell
RJ: Vincent Thaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
You know I bought stock in a company and was made chairman of the board and ceo. I was hoping to post some goods on the market cheap so as to buy them with the other company and help him fill the store as I seem to be the only one doing anything to the business. It bothers me that if I want to sell at cost I should be allowed to do so don't you think? I know that it is helpful to have the kid gloves on sometimes, everyone makes typos. But can we have the option to have it not be auto grabbed? how i read the suggestion earlier anyways. Because that would be so much more helpful and realistic. It would be helpful to me to take a small loss now to recoup my expenses later due to either stock sales or dividends.

Eh apparently selling all the stocks did away with the chairman and CEO positions but it would have been nice to be able to buy the stuff from my private company and bolster the public company i bought a lot of stock in.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
I don't like it. I make Q56 tungsten powder and I want to distribute it to the Goon Continuum for fair prices and unless I mark it way up the exporter steals it.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I like it it ensures stockholders are protected from mismanagement by executives when trading with other companies they also have interest in. Doesn't matter whether it is JOI or elry or someone else it is not in the interest of the stockholders of that company to have goods sold at far below market prices.

The only exception should be between private companies. Who should be able to sell what they want to who they want without reference to fair market price although a popup letting them know they are cheating themselves might be nice.

Oh and @Syn if the exporter steals it then it wasn't exactly a FAIR price was it?

I like the idea of a confirmation though as sometimes I mistype the price and have no way to recover whereas if they were listed I could just yank them back down.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.