Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » NPC companies

NPC companies

Previous [1] 2 Next
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Looking for more clarification of the NPC companies?

Who runs them?

When/Why do they post in the B2B?

Do they buy off the the B2B?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
1. OK
2. Nobody, they are not player controlled
3. To provide competition in the market place and help you buy/sell stuff that no one else is selling/requesting
4. Yes, look under the REQ boards in B2B. I think I'll color code them.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

I guess my main concern is:

When you used to sell something on the B2B your item was on top until someone else sold something. You could see what was added daily.

Now it seems the NPC items (roast beef) seem to "bury" my items......

A separate note: it use to be if you sold 100 batches of "water" for .08 and someone sold a batch for .08 they were behind all 100 of your batch (first come first serve) has this changed and how?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

NPC items (roast beef) seem to "bury" my items......

Yes, they remove and re-list all items every 15 minutes. So before we get like 500 simultaneous player count (not that hard once I think the game is ready), you'll see NPC items under the "new" tabs.

A separate note: it use to be if you sold 100 batches of "water" for .08 and someone sold a batch for .08 they were behind all 100 of your batch (first come first serve) has this changed and how?

My mistake, I'll correct that.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

If I have a request for "Wine" at $20, could the NPC selling it for $17 fill that request?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Yes. It's auto now, every 15 minutes. But you'd still pay $20 for your laziness.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I've noticed the NPC companies purchasing steadily increasing amounts of my items from the B2B market every 15 minutes since 5am server time this morning. Yet when I check the requests market there is no demand for the item, or demand but at a cheaper price than my B2B listing. Also, it appears they randomly start and stop purchasing select goods, but when they do make purchases, it's every NPC company making a purchase.

I guess I'm just wondering if you could elaborate on this change/feature. And in another thread I read about the NPC companies checking current listings and basing their prices off that or something of the sort, could you give some detail on that? And is that already implemented? Will/are the NPC request prices be/now based on currently player B2B listings?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Sure, here's an explanation for listings:

1. NPC companies put out listings at certain price every 15 min.

2. In the next 15 minutes:
a. Nothing is sold
b. Somewhere in between
c. Listing sold out (including the auto-sell at the start to existing requests)

3. Corresponding action taken 15 minutes later, when the listings are regenerated:
a. Lower the price, but put less items on the market
b. Somewhere in between
c. Raise the price, and put more items on the market

With resquests instead of listings
The same logic applies, with price and quantity going in a different direction.

In your case
Assuming you're selling a near-infinite quantity of a certain requested item at a significantly lower price than their request price. What follows is that every 15 minutes their new requests are generated, matched with the market (your listing), and fulfilled by you. (Also the reason for requests not appearing, because they are fulfilled.)

Each 15 min. that passes, they look back at their purchase history, and conclude that they may be able to get it even cheaper, and thus lowers the price and request a even larger quantity at this lowered price.

As time passes, eventually their request price will be lower than your listing price, and no auto-sale will occur. If no one else sold the item to them in that 15 minutes, their request price will raise back again, and once again generate auto-sale with your listing 15/30/45 minutes later.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
But you'd still pay $20 for your laziness.

I remember why I missed you, Boss. :-D
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Thanks for the explanation. Makes total sense now :).

Also, I would like to suggest an option (checkbox?) to hide/show auto sales in the Company News section. I've got 11 pages of nothing but auto-sales just from today alone. Maybe it's not nothing but those sales, but if there are other updates they're buried somewhere in the page after page of auto-sales transactions.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

It appears the NPC companies are auto buying my goods that are posted for sale on B2B, but for $0.25 less than my posted price. Is this intended? I was under the impression that the price would only change if the NPC company was filling your request, and only if your request's price is higher than the NPC's selling price.

"Yes. It's auto now, every 15 minutes. But you'd still pay $20 for your laziness."
Didn't know I was being lazy by not selling my goods for the requested cheaper price :P Which (NPC's request price) is only that cheap because the NPC company has been buying them from me for a day. But after doing some math it appears that they are now purchasing from me at their request's price, rather than my posted price.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

I have requested Grape Juice with a min. Qual of 20 and a price of $5

It is for sale at: $4.5(ish) qual. 30

?- am I doing something wrong
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I know that if you list a minimum quality that you can get higher quality than your minimum when someone fulfills your request. I don't know about the price or other factors though.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I think he means the actual listing is being displayed as It is for sale at: $4.5(ish) qual. 30.

I'm not sure, Hajji, but I've had a slightly similar "issue". I had an item posted for sale on the B2B market, which the NPC companies were steadily chipping away at with the new auto-purchase feature. The problem was that they were purchasing the item for $0.25 cheaper than the listed sale price. I can't see this as working as intended.

I didn't put in a bug report as I'm not sure if it's actually a bug, which is why I posted on the forums about it, actually on this specific thread 3 posts up. As you can see Scott (or anyone else) has yet to comment on the issue. Maybe I should just put in a report.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
Yeah, you probably should file a report just to see if it is a bug. A rule of thumb when it comes to beta testing is that if you think something may be a bug you talk to the developer or developers about it just to make sure.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

$0.25 less?

Let me see, you must be selling at $4.99 or $5.00.

Did the news not mention less/after commission?
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.