Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » new store design,

new store design,

Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I am only receiving about 1k/15 mins from my store, previously I was making 1.6k every 3-6 mins from my apples, is this intentional? or a bug? are we punished if we list more then one item? also since we can't stop items listed what do we need to do if we still have to list just one item for speed?

[edit] It would appear that everyone is making around 1k or less/15 min from stores, this is not confirmed though.
Dani Jonker
RJ: Darkdani51
CO: darkdani51

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 34
garry, increase the size of the stores and you sell items faster.

(edit 1) its because the time is 15 min a time now. i want it back to normal time too, though its for a few days i think
Garry Hurst

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Thank you dani I was already aware of that though, and my store is a larger store, I was previously making around 20k every 15 mins now I only make 1k income should have gone up now slowed way down. or at the very least stayed the same. Personally there may be an issue with the variable assigned to past sales, or assigned to quality. I could be completely off too, but I am sure Scott will be able to figure it out when he gets off work tonight.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Haven't taken a look at the equations yet, but unless you're pricing the thing differently, you should be making the same (if not more) amount of sales. If you are indeed selling at 50% less than before, then that's great and just how players wanted it to be - after all, you all wanted me to make the thing more complex and realistic.

In reality, if you take out all other fruits from a grocery store, the remaining ones won't sell 10 times better, in fact, people probably won't go to that store anymore.

The reason it's now tick-based on 15 minutes is because of the way the mechanism works.

Previously:
You simply sell a number of things at a price - summarized as product price, quantity, start time, end time.
You feel like it's real time, but database-wise things it's just 1 row - and that row does NOT change unless you click on the store to cash out or on an update.

Now:
Every sale is based on some data from past sales, AND every item in store is sold simultaneously - so if I were to implement this in real time, it means hundreds of database calls per second per player. I don't think this is realistic.
Garry Hurst

Post Rating: 33
+ / -

at the rate of sale you have the stores at now, I am only seeing around 80-100k sales/day equaling out to a lot less then that in profit, meaning at this rate, that 200,000 dollar building, plus, 200,000 dollar research facility, plus, the multiple days,hours to upgrade them to any real speed at all, plus the fact that any decent factory out produces the market, either the speed of sales needs to be different or an entire site-wide re-pricing needs to be thought, players want to be able to do new things everyday, and they don't want to have to wait 2-3 days to sell one item, regardless of it's price. not to mention the pricing is completely different now, before if I wanted to sell a bonsai at 30 dollars I could, now even at 100% of market share, 100% of world sales, I can barely sell them at 13, dollars. something is awry.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

also every sale is based on past sales, means every new item won't sell so if you have never sold a item you will have 0 sales not realistic at all......
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Unfortunately that factor isn't in it yet. But will be after I collect a few more days of data.

It will serve as a price damper so you can sell things at higher prices (or lower prices) and still sell them as though you didn't change the price so much, but in no way does it suggest that you actually need past sales to sell anything at normal/lower prices.
Dani Jonker

+ / -

I liked the previous store money earning way, im not sure if that 15 min a tick works because you always want to know how much you earned and how much its left, im not selling anything to the stores because i dont know how to.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I'll add the charts tonight and you'll figure out, but more changes will come along this weekend.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Added the chart - and I'd like to apologize to all of your mouse wheels, but I'm too tired so I'll try to do something about it tomorrow.
Dani Jonker

+ / -

cool, the stores look very good :3
Garry Hurst

+ / -

Most excellent, I wonder though, would it be complicated to add a link from the store like when you are getting ready to list the price of say apples, where if you click it you could get a more detailed sales history? say with average sold/hour at average price, including the last completed sale, with price/number right now it only displays that if it was the last 5 mins. not an important thing but if you are trying to keep stocked in an item to sell 24/7 would greatly improve the amount of time you spend figuring it out manually for each item....

You need to register or login to post a reply.