Mitagation: Stock Market

Previous 1 2 [3] Next
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Dana, not sure where you got that the stock price dropped to $1,800 per share other than speculation. I was watching the prices up until about 2 hours before the stock market went down, they never dropped. The 30 day range low is $150,000, which would have been the price before the update since the stock market came back online 15 days ago, and I sold 1,750 shares a few days before the update @ $160,000. If the price had dropped, the 30 day range would reflect the price it dropped to, which, again, can't have been less than $150,000 per share.
At the price prior to update my holding was worth $520,000,000 and at the current price would be worth $7,150,000,000 had I not lost the 3,246 shares due to the reverse split. The current holding is worth $9,000,000 with the loss in shares and at the current price.
Dana Sands
RJ: Fred Fredrickson
CO: Fred Fredrickson

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
So maybe the value change happened after the reverse split and there just isn't a record of it. Maybe it all happened on the back end when Scott did the update so there isn't a record of it that you can see.

I showed you where I got the $1,800/share figure. You said the total value of the holding was $9,000,000 (or $9MM in finance terms) and you said you had 5,000 shares.

It doesn't matter and I don't know why you're arguing with me. I'm not the one you need to convince. I'm offering a possible explanation and you seem kind of hostile about it. I didn't take your shares. I don't have access to the data to determine if your shares were taken. All I'm saying is that there is an explanation in which you didn't really lose any shares (in terms of your ownership percentage of the company which is what a share really is), but you did see a drop in value.

Two more points:
1. It's the beta version of the game, shit happens, it's part of the deal for seeing the new features sooner.

2. It's just a game. You lose fictional value in a company that doesn't exist that you can sell for money that isn't worth anything.

There are plenty of other places I can get yelled at for trying to help so I'm out.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Sorry if I seem hostile, didn't know the word "speculation" was that intimidating. No one here is yelling, the only caps are at the beginning of sentences. At most it's a civil debate.

The title of the thread is "Mitigation: Stock Market" so sorry for treating it as such.
And you may not be the one I have to convince of whatever here, but you're the only one who is responding directly to me with possible explanations.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am again engaged with someone to purchase shares of his company. Neither of us can figure out how to accomplish this, as there is no way for him to see my offers, nor me his. This is god awful ridiculous. When are we going to get a Stock Market Board that lists all active Bids and Asks for any stock that has them?
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
When you buy stocks from an IPO, where does the money go?

I just bought $400,000,000 worth of brand new IPO stock in a company which gave me majority ownership, yet the company is broke with less than $100,000 available. Shouldn't the $400,000,000 I just spent have been given to the company?

Unless this money is going to appear at the nightly maintenance, it seems to have vanished into a hole.
Algen Galvin
RJ: Ebenezer Goldenheart
CO: Algen Galvin

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Without actually knowing what the game does: The most sensible place to put the money would be in the original owner's pocket, since you just bought most of that company from him.
david wile
RJ: Noxiousdog
CO: Noxiousdog

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
It should go in as equity in the company. That's the primary point of an IPO.
wookie nz
RJ: wookienz
CO: Wookienz

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
and thus i am staying out of the stock market until it can be sensibly regulated. Presently it is like putting it on black at Vegas!
Previous 1 2 [3] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.