Total Posts: 40
Any ideas? I'm stumped.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I still haven't figured this one out myself but I'm too busy to ask the question anymore.

But you can't go wrong with immortality.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Matthew Suozzo
RJ: Buckaroo Bonzai

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 40
I say Mass Effect brought up a good point: One of the base human instincts is to emulate oneself. I say the meaning of life is to recreate life. The common goal of biological life on Earth is survival and procreation so, because of our inherent need to procreate, we will seek out new ways to recreate life in our own image.

Thoughts?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'll stick with my immortality idea - the meaning of life is to not die, through procreation or not.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Personally I'm chasing the immortality part :P
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
My feeling is that, you know, life's fundamental meaninglessness is what gives what we do with our individual lives any kind of meaning or import. What I choose to do in the face of the inevitable approach of the gaping maw of the void is all I've got.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

+ / -

Total Posts: 79
Here's some bad news -- the physical universe has a "sell by" date. You simply cannot live forever here.
Jack Park
RJ: Jack Park
CO: Cicero

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
"My feeling is that, you know, life's fundamental meaninglessness is what gives what we do with our individual lives any kind of meaning or import."

That may be one of the most beutiful things I have ever heard.
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
you should hear me fart...

the purpose of my life is to simply enjoy it
be it playing games, eating lasagna, having sex, drinking spirits, jumping off a cliff

so my life's meaning = FUN
and i am enjoying every minute of it :D
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
The meaning of life is Nu.
Wampus Aurelius
RJ: John Eff King Zompus
CO: Don Zompus

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Buy low, sell high.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Brasswick

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
In my opinion the meaning of life varies with person to person, as it is what gives your life meaning that determines the meaning of life. Even if that meaning is meaningless as it is for countless individuals, that (meaningless) meaning is still the meaning of life. Once you have lost that meaning regardless of if that meaning was meaningless to begin with or not is when your meaning of life and the meaning to your existence end.
ryan hofmann
RJ: Kurtus Kurt Kurtington
CO: Doctor Kurt Hofmann

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Because of the impossibility of the question's interperation using the literal meaning of the words, I consider this question to be equal to how life "began," which is probably solvable. I do not have enough information, nor will ever gain access to reliable information to answer that, but I'm pretty sure some form of "life" began without some of the qualities that scientists define life with today, such as the requirement to have DNA. These early microbeings most likely did not reproduce in a manner that fits the scientific definition of life and so could not be considered as life. They probably still exist everywhere, but are to hard to detect. I'm pretty sure we have found foreign microbeings that are smaller than viruses. They fit my definition of the origon of life. Whatever caused those things to be generated is the "meaning" of life.
Wampus Aurelius
RJ: John Eff King Zompus
CO: Don Zompus

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Also: once you have their money, never give it back.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I always thought it was pretty obvious, to propagate. As to whether that fulfills you or not, is the real issue.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.