Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Game Design Document (GDD)

Game Design Document (GDD)

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
So I think it is time I admit defeat that I cannot commit the time necessary to build this game myself.

I will outsource the project to a game developer and manage it once it is complete.

In order to have the best "copy" of this game, I think I need a step-by-step Game Design Document (GDD) so an outsider can do this game justice.

Would anyone be interested in helping me create one?
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
Unfortunately I'm not a designer/coder. For the most part, I'd like to see the game mechanics stay the same. But some change to the stock market and company valuations need to be improved. I'd be willing to provide input and ideas to whoever take up the task of developing the game.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Awesome, thank you for your input.

So as far as my plan to attack this project, the mechanics will stay the same. I can say that the stock market is either not going to happen, or it will be a long time. I like the concept, but not sure if the effort to make it worth would be worth the gameplay.

I also started a FB page called "Lost Economy" a few years back to keep connected if this site ever was not an option, are you with us there?
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
I'm not there atm. Without a stock market there would have to be an alternative way to sell companies between players. I had to quit playing LE because without the stores running at all times it would have been hard to raise the cash to keep growing.

One other note: Don't allow the code to be open source or you will run the risk of someone sabotaging the game like what they did to the main server.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Good points
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
Hajji Pajji - I have a lot of things in mind that can help too re: inflation rates and other game features... it's been 5 years since I stopped playing the game since the intense inflation and game breaking things happened. feel free to coordinate with me but I can't dedicate time that much as of the moment. discord or email? I will message you
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Just in-game message me if you would like to contact me.

We can go from there!
gary sanders
RJ: deh_p3000
CO: dehp

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
For anyone interested in watching the new development of the re-make of economies of scale, come on over to our new site and at least join our forum and say hi. All of you are welcome to come by it will be a long time before anything is up and running but we welcome everyones input and opinions. our server resides for the time being at: http://www.economies-of-scale.com/test/
marc desorcy
RJ:
CO: dadio

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
If i may make a sugestion. In rankings, i noticed a lot of players have not played in years. It would be nice if their score was deleted after one year of not loging on. This would make it more interesting for the active players. i my self had not loged on for years and for me, it would have made perfect sence to have to start from scratch and not still have my millions.

You need to register or login to post a reply.