Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Product Purchase Requests » Empire Ice Cream needs your stuff

Empire Ice Cream needs your stuff

Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I created this company a while ago, and its purpose is to crank out as much ice cream and sorbet as possible without making any of the necessary components myself. I have to buy the stuff I need from you guys, or my factories go idle. If anyone's interested, I am short of the following:
milk, sugar, cookie dough, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, filtered water, vanilla extract.

Also need lots of juice concentrates: lime, orange, cherry, pineapple, coconut.

I pay well over warehouse value for these. If you're tired of playing with yourself all the time, and feel like supplying Empire Ice Cream, let me know.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I've supplied some stuff - do you have current reqs for all of these? Some of these I'm selling right now to meet some quests, but should have some to sell to you afterwards.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

I really do appreciate your repeated posts, but I have a (rhetorical) question for you:

When I started EOS last fall I think it was, I was in the fruits business, as that is how the tutorial takes new players through how to navigate the game. I set up R&D for produce, expanded produce orchards, and grew and sold to the (then) large demand for raw produce on the B2B market.

As the months flew by, I noticed there were no longer any B2B requests for raw produce products.

So, I switched that first company to an apparel retailer as well as supplier of all the raw products necessary to sell apparel.

I used to notice some B2B apparel for sale at reasonable prices -- prices that let the seller make a net profit, taking into account direct costs as well as overhead -- and I bought some of those b2b apparel items for sale by other players.

for reasons I cannot understand, since I joined the game, it seems most of the remaining active players want to build vertical and horizontal businesses.

as you point out, this takes out much of the fun in playing eos.

i still devote my Saturday nights (California time) to my weekly production and sales.

but I really would like to know why so few players who were here on EOS before I joined want to engage with other players? as your post notes, that takes much of the fun out of this game.

just curious -- really, the only ones who can answer my question know who they are. Why did you stop engaging with other players on EOS? it's pretty easy to build a simulated business -- just takes lots of time

but why no interest in messages with other players, in buying or selling to other players, & etc?

i would love to engage other players at various levels, and while I appreciate the forum posts on b2b items, it should come naturally from the desire of players who play this game to interact with life people -- not just a computer program.

i am baffled, for if someone wants to play only against computer programs, there are lots of great computer games out there that simulate businesses, and you don't have to worry your pretty little faces one bit about dealing with pesky other human beings
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

I have requests up for everything I currently need. Let me know if the prices aren't adequate.

Thanks for the help, and for buying all the ice cream I had for sale.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Andrew Carnegie, I think there used to be quite a bit more player interaction back when there were more active players. That said, I think it's just easier to make everything yourself because you always have a steady supply available, and you don't have to spend time negotiating with people over prices and such. It's also, of course, quite a bit more profitable if you make everything yourself.

I made this company because it's an interesting challenge and haven't cared much about profitability once I passed $1 trillion net worth. Perhaps most people don't want to spend the extra time it requires, and would rather just spend a few minutes updating their companies every few days. Anyway, I'm not judging; people all have different motivations to play this game.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

I wanted to depend on others to supply the basic ingredients for things I wanted to make, but the supply was too erratic in quantity, quality and price. At some point I was forced to go vertical just so I could make and sell enough product to maintain my buildings.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Yep, that's the biggest problem with depending on others for the components you need.
ansi coder
RJ:
CO: Poola Rangadu

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
Less activity on B2B really comes down to two factors. Less active players and desire to get to the top ranks. It would be a mistake to equate B2B activity with player interaction. Players get very competitive in multi-player games, so they will take the best path to top ranks. Unfortunately, this game's optimal path is ownership of entire production chain. I have also found that all the top players respond to their mails and are willing to help others quite readily.

Take me for example. I have helped many players in various ways - gave jobs, took their jobs and taught them how to run their business, satisfied any product requests they wanted. I also get a lot of mail and I respond to every single one of them! I would say that counts as a lot of player interaction :)

If anyone is wondering why they don't see anything from my companies, it is because they have all been mothballed from a little over 2 months. No upgrades/sales/production till I can get focussed time to spend on this everyday.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Once again, thanks to everyone who have fulfilled my requests.
I think people enjoy selling things to you if you ask for it. I've never had problems getting requests fulfilled if I post something on this forum.
John Smith
RJ: Petri Dish
CO: Johann Smith

+ / -

Total Posts: 42
Do still need more stuff? :)

You need to register or login to post a reply.