Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Any chance for RSS feed on B2B market?

Any chance for RSS feed on B2B market?

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Added. Hopefully it works.
Also unless I remembered it wrong, the demand_met variable is calculated based on the past 12 hours, so there's no way your sales will stop for months.
David MacIver
RJ: DRMacIver
CO: David R. MacIver

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
Scott: What's with the average quality entries on http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/tools/product_stats_data.php? None of them are above 1. Is that really correct?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for pointing out, I must have divided it by 100 accidentally.
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
I noticed the product stats table (first link at the top) doesn't show electricity, well products, and mine products. I think it used to (I noticed it got shorter when I pasted it into my spreadsheet yesterday). Is that on purpose?
Tony Wooster
RJ: Johnny Appleseed

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
@FishBike: I think that's because there are no stores where you can sell those products directly. They only exist on B2B markets, so stats are tracked differently (if at all) because the game doesn't have NPC buyers of those components.
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
That makes sense, and it's possible I had previously pasted one of the other lists into that tab and then forgot, which would explain why I thought the list had gotten shorter.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

@Fish Bike
Is that on purpose? Absolutely - I had some wacky equations in there adding sales data even for the non-saleable products, so naturally I didn't want to put those into view.
Paul Chambers
RJ: ppiixx

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
Any chance of a table of all items on the B2B market?
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
Any chance of a table of all items on the B2B market? (+1)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

For the product list, can you add the Category and Sold In columns?
Category: Yes
Sold In: No

B2B market table please!
How? List tens of thousands of entries on the same page? Or just the lowest price for each product? Or the min, average, max price, total quantity for each product?
Tony Wooster

+ / -

I would love b2b feeds. And if they're in JSON, all the better. To be honest, I'm having as much fun making tools to play the game for me as I am having playing the game. ;)

Perhaps pagination, or a query param for "new items since x"? Although, the full list would be better, because otherwise it's difficult to know when to invalidate old (sold out or quantity remaining changed) data.

Edit: On review, I think perhaps full B2B per category or store might be the best compromise. Most people don't need the full market info, unless they're doing B2B resale arbitrage.
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
"How? List tens of thousands of entries on the same page? Or just the lowest price for each product? Or the min, average, max price, total quantity for each product? "

separate pages for products? Or maybe full list?

Even making pages like http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/market-prod.php?pid=342 available without logging in may be enough to allow creation certain tools (but it may be not welcomed as it may increase server load, maybe B2B watchlists are planned to be introduced in premium account)
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
What's the issue with logging in? I see no reason to not have a login.
Tony Wooster

+ / -

Kogut: For 30mil I'll give you a Python script that logs in and scrapes tables... ;)

Edit: Or take a look at my post at the Economies of Scale Enhancer thread, which has a sketch of the table-scraper in JavaScript, and leverages your browser's logged-in state. That's probably a more interactive solution, though, and it's up to you to integrate it as a userscript.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Updated.

You need to register or login to post a reply.