Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Any chance for RSS feed on B2B market?

Any chance for RSS feed on B2B market?

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 8
+ / -

Total Posts: 148

I am planning on making and hosting a calculator to calculate the cost of making products. I was thinking about just making a Greasemonkey script with java to parse the entire B2B market once per day. Before I do all that work, is there any chance we could get an RSS feed of prices or a way to access a standardized printout of all commodities and their prices? I think it would really open the door for people to innovate with calculators and charting and unless I am completely screwed up, I think it would only be a few lines of code to implement. Thanks. Love the game and look forward to its future.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Well, I'm a geek just like you, so I understand exactly what you're looking for, and frankly speaking writing a RSS script is simple and can be used as a "relax" activity between real coding sessions... so just let me know what you need and I'll make it.

Also in the future I WILL make it possible to lose money (with taxes and export multipliers occasionally falling below 1.0), so your tool may come in handy.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 132
I will chip in here and say what I would like :)

A daily update (done at 08:30 AM server time) which gives current import and export prices for all goods. Currently I just copy and paste the whole table and have by spreadsheet dissect it and make it useful but I only bother doing it for a few categories.
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

What would work well is just export the table to a .csv file and offer a link. Either that or just a formatted text file with data separated by something easy to split().
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Here's the table version.

The page probably looks vile, but since most of you who needs it won't be using it as is, here it is:

http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/tools/import_export_data.php
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

Awesome, you are the best. Is that updated daily?
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

Hmm, something doesn't look right on the table. Where is the price that the import B2B market charges for the material?
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Excellent table, managed to import it into my spreadsheet and have started working on organizing it, but I noticed that it only contains one of that it contains only 1 of the import countries per product. for example, importing gold only shows china's entry and not the other two countries.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

The sheet right now is dynamic - generated whenever you view it, updated to the second.

It'll be changed to hourly or daily when scalability becomes an issue.

As for the 1 country - reason is I only listed the highest purchaser and the lowest quality adjusted provider (so you don't have to do that work).

Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Highest exporter I fully understand and agree with, but with importing there are many times when I prefer to import the higher quality goods even if the lower quality good has a lower multiplier (I can generally sell more of them for a higher profit per sale)

Will give an example

Lets say there are two choices to import.

Q35 Gold that costs $1530 each (so multiplier of 3 adjusted for quality)
Q50 Gold that costs $2100 each (so multiplier of 3.5 adjusted for quality)

The import table would show the Q35 gold as the multiplier is lowest

But now when I put it in my store, I will put it for the following prices

Q35 Gold: $4080 (multiplier of 8 quality adjusted)
Q50 Gold: $4800 (multiplier of 8 quality adjusted)

As far as I am aware they would sell for about the same with Q50 being favored due to higher quality - but lets say they sell the same.

Sold 10 Q35 Gold ($40800 Revenue - $15300 Cost = $25500 Profit)
Sold 10 Q50 Gold ($48000 Revenue - $21000 Cost = $27000 Profit)

So in this case, even though I bought the Q50 gold for more, I made a bigger profit. I may have made an error on this and if so please correct me :)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I wouldn't know because I haven't tried, and am too lazy to work out the equation...

But I'd assume the only time higher quality works out with higher multiplier is when the world average quality is already too high - giving a penalty to the lower quality product.

Technically it's not any harder to spit out all the lines, just thought it'd be easier for you this way. But guess I'll make another page for the detailed version.
Scott Gilbert
RJ: Scott Gilbert
CO: Joe Shmo

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Can somebody please explain the ratio (quality adjusted) columns please? How can this be useful to me in excel to squeeze more profit out of my products? Thanks.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

It's just a simple calculated value of:

base price * (1 + 0.02 * quality)

As for profits I can't really give much advice... a lot of players are doing better than me, and my CEO is doing better than me (that's a good thing)
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Is it possible to have another table with the demand met% and similar statistics :)

Want to work them in into my spreadsheet (which has become a bloated monster)
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

It is in the pedia.
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

I know about the one in the pedia, but you have to be logged in to view it and as such I can't import it into my spreadsheet.
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.