Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » A Great IDEA (i think?)

A Great IDEA (i think?)

Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
in the NEWS field or a new field of things, there, people can shout messages where everyone will be able to read with a cost of course.

it is like an announcement page wherein players pay a (certain) fee for them to be able to announce general things like, "im going vacation no supplies will be bought", "i am now buying wool Q50 post/message me" and This can be a potential VIP perks? or what not, in any way, it does not influence gaming advantage ( i think?)

*when i click the news, this must be the first thing people see, so that it would be more important than the company news. (or not) hahaha i don't know, what do you think?
-ben
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
I think it's fun as of now, but when/if the community grows I think it becomes more of a spam issue. Where every time I press the news button it spams 50+ messages. If only a few get posted I guess it's okay, but then how do we decide who makes it to the news? If done by amount paid, company value, fame or randomization it wouldn't feel fair anyway you slice it.
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
what i mean is, to make it at a different tab rather than being on the company news. but when you click the news icon, that would be the first thing you will see. We may also counter act the "spam" potential by making it a little or relatively expensive and it wouldn't become a spam if you will not look at it, if 50+ players posted things, it is your opinion to read them. on answering "how do we decide who makes it to the news?" it is automatically posted on the "Advertisement or announcement tab"(what ever name you want to call it) once you paid for the "fee". like for example, you know lots of games in the browser now a days have the shout to the world feature? that's it, you pay a certain amount of cash, then your message in turn, will be announced to the world through the "Advertisement or announcement tab"(what ever you want to call it.

By the way sir, thanks for the posted supply. :D
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
That won't ever be possible to prevent spamming.

But don't worry, I already have this planned since last year.

News buildings (newspaper press, radio, TV) are the next feature after SEC rewrite. They will fall under the "Special" building category, and only 1 building will only be awarded to BB Goode for his special news contributions since the beginning of the Beta. He can then release as many as 5 headlines every 24 hours if he pleases.

Aside from the awarded one, 2-7 more buildings will be up for lease. Some time after the advertising system will be added to those buildings so store owners can have their choice of where the marketing dollars go.

You need to register or login to post a reply.