Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Club Rats Den » .

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
I like the idea, particularly number (2), but worry that it's a skosh fiddly.

I think number (2) could be simplified to a new model where upgrades just literally halve production speed while in progress:

1. Order an expansion to a facility.
2. Facility continues to function as normal but as if at 1/2 it's actually m^2 footprint while the upgrade is active.
3. Facility resumes operation at full footprint speed once construction is complete.

Or, another slightly simplified take on your slider proposal: it could be a radio button thing where you have the option of four build speeds: full, 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4, which would dilate the construction time appropriately while leaving you store operating at the proportional rate.

Maybe a small additional scaling bonus for full shutdown (or scaling penalty for not) since it'd be more efficient to manage a construction job if you don't have to worry logistically about accommodating a retail scene that way.

Anyway, just spitballin'. Neat idea, it'd certainly be cool to find some way to have the impact of construction be slightly less stark.
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
On point 1:

My only worry is players will all do 168 hour queues and then ask me for a way to cancel them. Besides that it's very doable.

On point 2:

Ignoring opportunity cost, suppose (A) we have a 100 m^2 -> 200 m^2 upgrade for 10 hours,
or (B) you can have 50% revenue while making the upgrade 20 hours, you have the following 2 cases after 20 hours:

A. No revenue for the immediate 10 hours, in the next 10 hours there will be 100% revenue from a 200 m^2 building.
Total: 2000 m^2*hours

B. 50% revenue from a 100 m^2 building for 20 hours.
Total: 1000 m^2*hours

I think that's needless complication, especially for the newer players.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
The bot advantage is not the ability to incrementally upgrade buildings at all times of day, but the ability to use just 1 influence per store tick without losing any sales. Queue a store to expand 1m^2 within the 5 minutes after a tick, wait 10 minutes, rush the store with influence and cash. At a cost of 1 influence (and a pittance of cash), you gain 1 m^2 of storefront and lose zero ticks of sales.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Maybe add a downtime after upgrade finished? After upgrade the store will stay close for 4 ticks? Is that going to help prevent the problem since if you do one big upgrade, you'll only have one hour of extra downtime but for someone that use multiple upgrade, he is going to waste multiple hours of downtime.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I like the original idea #2 combined with Josh's simplification of a small number of options (say, full speed (1), .75, .5 (store selling at half strength and half speed upgrading), .25.

Also, thanks to Nwabudike Morgan for pointing out the bot advantage--that's a clever idea.

I'd rather level the playing field in a way that didn't nerf something (such as closing stores for 4 ticks after upgading), but if this was chosen as the way to go, it could be as few as 1 tick and still achieve the same effect.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I'm still think a simple extra downtime per upgrade command is better solution and much easier to implement and it won't be a big nerf to average players. It'll only be a big nerf to someone that abuse the system using bots.

Since 1 tick works as well as 4 ticks, then just add (1 tick) 15 mins to the result of the formula to calculate upgrading duration and that'll stop the 'unfair' advantage of using bots to small 1 m2 upgrade. So to upgrade 1 m2, it'll take 1 tick + 1 tick = 2 ticks. To upgrade 100 m2 take 100 ticks + 1 tick = 101 ticks. Two 100 m2 upgrade isn't going to be better than one 200 m2 because the extra sale tick is being cancelled by the extra downtime tick.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Yes, that was a clever note by Nwabudike Morgan.

Or you can take my idea for minimal change:

Simply charge 3 influence / 15 min. instead of 1 influence / 5 min.

(Sorry but I will not consider the "slower upgrade with less functional building" idea before v1.0)

You need to register or login to post a reply.