Total Posts: 194
Scott?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Not yet. Actually, let's turn this into a discussion.

Goal: Private discussion

Choices:

1. Password protected - anyone with password may enter.

2. Founder invitation - only players directly invited by the thread creator may join.

3. Some other method?

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

I prefer founder, in case it's used as a group that adds or removes members
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

I like this idea. The founder method would probably work well. With that, you could also request to join the discussion if not directly invited. Could also add an option, for when setting up the "discussion", to add "officers" that can sent invites/accept requests/remove players in place of the original creator's absence.
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
+1 for Paul's proposal
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
what is the purpose of it?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Apparently to keep you out.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
what's the point to keep some people out ?
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
to guard all the secrets
Brent Goode

+ / -

To collude and control the game and everyone not involved in the cabal. It is the beginning of yet another way to cheat everyone else and ruin the game, turning it into some other version of a mafia PvP or some such. They will control trades, resources, use coordinated bots against everyone else, control who gets shares in companies and generally create a sinister dark menace that will put a permanent cloud of suspicion over what was once fun for all. The very name is repugnant.
Just thinking out loud here.... :-D
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Paranoid much? We've already had a number of cabals and the game survived.

There's plenty of tools out there for private group discussions. Not sure why anyone feels the need to re-invent the wheel here but I hesitate to offer concrete advice without more context on what is actually being proposed.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Any collusion or control can be done thru Messages and/or done off-site.

A private room could be very useful in-game. Some examples I see:

1. Jury members on court cases
2. Elected Officials (debating on new Econisian rules)

Point is its an enhancement tool for the game.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

I rest my case.
-No Court exists at the moment, but a handful of secret cultists are going to debate the fate of other citizens not bound by their pretentious justice. Most of the players of size currently weren't even here when half the cases still on docket were initiated.
-There is no mechanism for a set of true "elected officials." This mythical rulership would only exist in the minds of the Elitists that decided to embody it.
-We already have this forum for debating new rules that are never ours to debate, since they are simply handed down from the Presidential Palace anyway.
-Collusion by darkness is one thing. Codifying that collusion to make it socially acceptable is another thing entirely. After all, it was stated above that this would be a "secret" organization, and only those "invited" would be able to participate. Obviously the goal is to exclude the less wealthy players and subjugate them to the craven, capricious will of a self proclaimed Elite.
-To suggest that existent collusion justifies legalized, governmentally acceptable collusion is like saying we should have anarchy because there are already people breaking the law. That may work in America, but it should never be legitimized in Econosia.
-It is not an enhancement tool for the game. It is a toy for those that don't want everyone else in the game to know what they are planning to do. It is certainly not "for the game" if it is going to be the secret society described above.
-Finally, no one from this predetermined cabal wanted to respond to King until someone else finally laid it on the table. Now everyone is scurrying to defend this mafioso group and its desired stranglehold on the presumed non-elites of the world; kind of like anti-roaches.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

I feel I have to now defend a simple request to have private rooms because BB has taken his typical liberal agenda into someone else's business. Simply put BB if this doesn't increase your gameplay and you don't need/want it, simply say that, don't try to spin it into something bad. Ironic you're the media guy....

Since I now feel I have to explain to everyone else why this isn't a bad idea by pointing out good ways to use it (which BB will try to spin into bad things.... Could you imagine if I could create a private room to avoid that!)

1. I came up with the idea because some of us run a multi-company business, wouldn't it be nice to have a private room to talk to all my employees? Or is that collusion?
2. What if there was an "ice cream cartel" where each of these mobsters agreed to produce a different type of ice cream.... And then all the citizens were forced to have a variety of ice creams.... Dirty collusion.

I'm honestly done defending this, I think it enhances a BUSINESS game, maybe you do too.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Meh, just allow in-game messages to be sent to multiple people and include reply-all functionality. (Might want to include some better quoting too). Easy fix and gives "private group messages" while side-stepping the whole issue.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
so Hajji you came up with the idea in order to talk to your employees, so you named the thread "Social Elite"..?

multiple message feature will just cause spam. people will advertise their market offers to all of the game's population.
I say if something isn't broke dont fix it.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.