Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Contest 9 - Room for Improvement (Ended)

Contest 9 - Room for Improvement (Ended)

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Contest Ended.

Winners:

First Place - 22 votes
2. Kudaros - Research and Production queue.

Second Place - 18 votes
1. Chandler - The store layout needs an overhaul.

Third Places (Tied) - 5 votes
15. zxektok - Vacation mode.
16. Space Butler - More information on the store screen.

Fifth Place - 4 votes
17. Synreal - Ask/Bid for stock market.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Summary of current entries:

1. Chandler:
The store layout needs an overhaul:
"click an item, pricing it, starting its sale, back, click an item, pricing it, ..."

2. Kudaros:
Research and Production queue.

3. Tex Corman:
Customizable building names.

4. Zarkonnen:
Game Manual

5. John Galt:
Optimize links between Store, B2B, Imports, Pedia.

6. Fancy McPants:
Limit Import/Export Quantity.
(Follow-up by Tex Corman: Instead allow fulfilled quantity to change prices on following day.)

7. McFlono McFloninoo:
Completely remove Import/Export.

8. Berry Punch:
Detailed Revenue Sheet showing ALL entries, and salary/maintenance for each building.

9. CEO Nwabudike Morgan:
Enhance Store Interface with estimate on time before inventory depletion.

10. Silvertear:
Remove palm trees (better images?).

11. Blast Hardcheese:
Time input for research (issue can be taken care of by research queue).

12. Castun:
On store interface, convert B2B/Import into one button, and let it lead to one page with B2B AND import.

13. Taco:
Also display store sales on B2B market at store sales prices.

14. Wuvil:
B2B search function.

15. zxektok:
Vacation mode.

Corporate Greed:
(Repeat of Castun's idea.)

16. Space Butler:
More information on the store screen: Total profit in store, sellout time per item, number of items sold this day and last day, profit per item per tick and per day, global volume of items per tick and per day.

17. Synreal:
Ask/Bid for stock market.

Please vote by posting the # (1-17) next to the player names

--------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

Description:
There are always room for improvement, but I'll need your help on prioritizing them. This contest comes in two parts:

Part 1. (Optional)
Start: Monday, April 9, 2012, 1:00 A.M. (Started)
End: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 6:00 P.M. (Ended Early on April 10)

Please write one area that you absolutely hate about this game, for which you'd like me to improve next. It may be already posted elsewhere on the forum, but must not already be posted in replies to this contest.

Part 2.
Start: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 6:00 P.M. (Started)
End: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 6:00 P.M.

Vote for one entry that you agree with most from Part 1 of the contest.
Posters may vote, but may NOT vote for their own entries.

Rewards:
Players who posted the top 5 entries with the most votes from Part 1 will gain 1000 influence for 1st, 800 for 2nd, 600 for 3rd, 400 for 4th, 200 for 5th.
Other posters will receive NOTHING.
All voters will gain 200 influence. To prevent bandwagoning behavior, voters who voted for the winning entry will not gain additional influence.
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
The store layout needs needs needs an overhaul. Clicking an item, pricing it and starting its sale, back, click an item, pricing it, starting its sale, back, click an item, starting its sale, back ... on forever is like what no please

It's painful. It's so painful
Kudaros Cornercutter
RJ: Kudaros

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 17
I'd like to see the ability to queue research and production. Otherwise a lot of time gets spent checking to see where things are. This makes it less of a casual game and more of a game that I think about all day.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
I yearn to be able to name my individual facilities. I've spent millions on these things, they're what I look at each day, and yet: "Well", "Cafe", "Snacks R&D". Where is the character? Where's the sense of ownership? Names! Names is what they need.
David Stark
RJ: Zarkonnen
CO: David Stark

+ / -

Total Posts: 53
No manual that explains concepts such as fame, influence, wholesale price, etc.
John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
The linkage between the Store interface and B2B, Imports, and EOS-pedia is pretty bad. If you want to assess whether you can source a product for a reasonable profit, you have to:

1. Click on the store
2. Click on the item
3. Note down the price it is currently selling at
4. Click "back"
5. Click "Import"
6. Look at the price for imports.

And now you're actually on the Import screen, which is problematic, since you cannot get back to the store you were looking at directly. So now you have to click on "Stores", and then start the whole process all over again but at #5 click B2B instead to get the comparison for what it's selling at (hopefully you remembered the current price it is selling at, otherwise you'll have to go get that again too). And that does the same thing -- you get pushed over onto a completely different screen and lose the context of what you were looking at.

This makes trying to look through your unstocked slots to determine if there's a way to stock them from imports or B2B really painful. It really should be possible to pull up the import and B2B data from the product specific pop-up, preferably built right into it.

[The side note about EOS-pedia is that I feel like you shouldn't have to bring up a product's pop-up within the store interface to get a link to it in EOS-pedia]
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
There should be limited quantity of products one can import in a single day. It does not make sense that we can all import things from Russia or the US and everybody is making a profit while, in theory, local production would not be necessary for a lot of items.

Maybe a set limit per product per day - but then rich players could buy everything right when the day changes and force other players to buy from them. Or it could be a limit per player, but that's not realistic. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but right now someone can just build stores, import everything and still make an impressive profit. It's tedious, it's annoying grind, but profitable. Maybe have the import prices dependant on the B2B prices (as in, always 1% more expensive than the cheapest/latest B2B price)?

Comments, thoughts?
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
There should be limited quantity of products one can import in a single day. It does not make sense that we can all import things from Russia or the US and everybody is making a profit while, in theory, local production would not be necessary for a lot of items.

Instead of a hard limit, this could be approached in terms of just increasing the level of susceptibility of the import prices to Econosian demand -- if a lot of folks are importing a good from Russia, it can supply the day's order's just fine but that will lead to a sharp increase in import rates the next day as they adjust prices to compensate for a reduced reserve. I'm pretty sure this is already modeled to some degree; it may just be that the playerbase at its current size isn't importing at high enough volume to really upset this market pricing noticably.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
A lot of nice ones here, but my pet peeve is still...

I'd like to see import/export go away altogether, either phased out gradually or, as our dictator loves his abrupt changes, axed in one fell swoop.

You can import apple juice, but not export it. You can export apple juice concentrate, but not import it. You can't import or export an apple pie. You can import or export an apple. It's completely arbitrary.

Import/export removes challenge, removes co-operation, removes risk - in other words, the elements that make this game interesting. Let's take the training wheels off and see who really knows how to ride!
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Josh's idea is pretty cool and ultimately, Mister Death's idea would be great. I realize that with a small player base, not everything can be locally produced so import is needed but hopefully this will be gradually phased out.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
More detailed 'Revenue Sheet'.
I want to know how much I'm paying for maintenance/salaries of each building.
I want to know revenues of my stores, per item if possible.
What am I spending and gaining in Misc?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
I would like to see an enhancement to the store interface where I can see an estimate of how long I need until selling out of an item. If I've sold out of an item, then I know I need to buy more, but items sell at widely different rates, so keeping a store well-stocked involves clicking each item and looking at the recent sales chart.

Alternatively, showing the number of items sold in the last tick on the upcoming improved store interface would yield about the same benefit. Whatever information is shown, it needs to be visible for all items being sold (at least per store, if not overall) on the same page.
georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I'd reduce the size of the palm trees on the beaches of the Factories and Research sectors, they are obnoxiously tall.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
Voting for Chandler Hill store layout overhaul :D
Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
Research needs an overhaul. Give us the ability to set a certain amount of time to research! Like if you're researching Q10 diamond. You can set like an hour of research time, and it'll do an hour, which does a certain amount towards 100% of the Q10 research completion.

We can set time for production, so why not R&D!
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
In the store stock screen, I think the B2B & Import buttons should either be moved into the item info popup / price adjust window (the same one with the history graphs) or just add it to that same window so at least the buttons are available from either screen. The amount of clicking and backtracking just to see what price out-of-stock items are worth Importing / B2B'ing at is mind-numbing.

Heck, make it so you can manually adjust the price straight from the stock list screen!

Also, it would be REALLY nice if you could redesign the price adjust popup windows, mainly by rearranging the graphs. They take up little horizontal room, and way too much vertical room. It's not really an issue on my main computer's 24" monitor, but when I'm checking up on stuff on a laptop / smartphone it's incredibly annoying. Even giving us the ability to rearrange those graphs to our preference would be great. For that matter, it almost seems like you have the UI designed for people running 800x600 monitors or something. :)
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.