Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » What is behind the massive drop in sales?

What is behind the massive drop in sales?

Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 100
starting at about noonish, april 22
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
There were 2 drops actually. One about 16 hours ago and one about 4 hours ago.

I think the first drop was the restoration of normal conditions after the frenzied panic buying of foods by the populace, and the second was the overcorrection.

I think it's a good time to take my orchards offline for expansion.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
It's quite a correction. I had too much floor space, and was selling with very high markups. The drop for me was an order of magnitude or more! I still haven't lowered prices enough...
Guy McMoney
RJ: Guy McMoney

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
The increased demand was at least multiple times the market norm, so I hope you enjoyed it while you could. The market is correcting now.

Have fun!
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
That food frenzy was like 20x demand or something... was a lot of trouble keeping stuff stocked, especially near the end. Very very profitable though.
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
Well now we all need to hope we have enough cash saved up to pay our running costs during the coming period of slack sales.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Better than a 50% drop in many retail prices, with wholesale(B2B) continuing to be higher than the average retail. Unfortunately, it wasn't just food. It nearly wiped out my sporting goods sales. This is the most topsy-turvy economic "sim" I have ever seen. The jokers couldn't do this much damage to the entire economy in one day.

Still, I also made a lot of money and was able to build up my company from scratch through it all. I will be starting a new one on the profits, in fact. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I did it, but only on the previous categories which were selling too fast, nothing on sports or apparel or anything else. The current demand should be only about 10% lower demand than before the food frenzy kicked in.
Derek Cheung
RJ: Keith Preston

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Hopefully the food prices will lower as well, i want to mix up the store sales a bit at the B2B.

And who knows, there may be another famine again soon.
James Tate
RJ: Nickelas James Tate

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
God damn, none of my food in my farmer market sold. XD I was using the x2 button for the pricing, so none of my prices are very high.
David Gray
RJ: graydoo
CO: graydoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
This all came as a bit of a shock to me, I only started up after the prices rocketed. Feel like I am having to learn the ropes all over again now though it seems like I got a very privileged start between this increased demand and some lucky stock investments. =)

I guess a 138m^2 Farmers Market is no longer going to keep up with a 500m^2 Fruit Plantation, hope I can afford to rush them as far as I can for free before I hit 10M Networth...
Drew Davies
RJ: Vargo Hoat
CO: Vargo Hoat

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
fruit is horribly saturated. concentrates though, there is a cash cow! Not really.
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
I think it's a bit of a waste that you need to make juice, with a carton first, before you can make concentrate. Please think of the rainforests. Is that excess paper waste really needed? ;)

You need to register or login to post a reply.