Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Off-Topic Discussion » What Games are You Obsessed With?

What Games are You Obsessed With?

Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I just thought I would ask everyone what games they were obsessed with at this time. You can update that list whenever you want by the way.

At this time I myself spend a lot of time playing Cosmic Break a online third-person shooter themed around cyborgs and giant robots. I'm a member of the Wisdom faction there and my alias is Malachite. Like the mineral. I also check on Economies of Scale and Capitalism Online close to three to six times a day, and I find myself spending some time with Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup as Gweriagur, a deep elf necromancer, on occasion.

Furthermore I'm on my fourth or perhaps fifth playthrough of Fable: The Lost Chapters and specifically my fourth time as a good-aligned Hero in that game. I've also done some experimentation in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 recently, though I'm not very good at that particular game.

Finally, I've spent a fair bit of time recently playing through the Orc campaign in Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition and as the Zerg in Starcraft. I don't play on Battle.net but I have a roommate and a neighbor who both love to play Starcraft as the Terrans and the Protoss respectively. We have small LAN parties when the weather is nice.

Anyways, what games are you all obsessed with at this time?
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I've always loved Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition, I was playing it a week or so ago.

I wouldn't quite say I'm obsessed with these games, but they're the ones I've been playing lately.
World of Warcraft, Industry Giant 2, Simcity 4, Company of Heroes, and a little bit of Alan Wake, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, The Battle for Middle Earth II, and GTA: San Andreas.

I tried playing War Thunder which is a free flying game with amazing graphics and such, but my new computer broke and my old one has too low FPS which causes the plane to wobble everywhere.

I did play Wurm Online for like 12 hours a day for a week straight, but then there was nothing to do after that
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I just finished playing Outernauts for a week straight, well, that was a week ago.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Lately I've been playing nothing but (this game), War Thunder, and the new F2P D&D MMO "Neverwinter" which I really like, I've played it longer so far (even though it's only been out for a week) than any other MMO I've ever played except WoW and maybe the total time accrued from Runescape. Lots of cool features. Only thing I don't really like so far is the F2P limits (far from pay-to-win, just the F2P limits on # of characters, inventory size, etc are annoying) and how long the queues take for instances.

Got a new video card so I'm able to run War Thunder now, great game. Wish I had a joystick though. Also a better pc build would be nice, the graphics in the game are absolutely amazing and stunning on a good computer and at max settings. Easily comparable to games like Crysis in terms of visual quality. Even extremely high power computers have a hard time running that game in the "Movie Quality" or whatever it is setting. It's for recording videos and taking screenshots, not much else. Even the most powerful computers lag with those settings.
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
Definitely obsessed with Starcraft II hearth of the swarm. Love the warcraft series too and occasionally play some dota II or a (zombie) shooter.

Cool to see it's not all about EOS for you guys as well. Although we all try out best to reach the top, which for me means checking about 1-3 times a day depending on my schedule.
Graham Freeman
RJ: Rick Castle
CO: Hugh Jassets

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
Hmm, being off work on long-term disability equates to a fair bit of spare time. Not as much as you'd think, however, as the disability takes up a huge chunk of the day :-/

Anyhoo, as I recently put the finishing touches to my SuperWuperDuperHomeBrew PC, top of the line i7, 32GB RAM, SSDs out the ying yang (willy wave, willy wave) ... I can now play those games that were impossible on my previous hardware. So I am now catching up on Guild Wars 2, and the latest incarnation of SimCity. Alas SimCity seems to be a collection of bugs sewn together with nice graphics. I just ordered Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX, and we'll see how well that sucks up my daylight hours when it arrives.

As far as online games go, I always have Settlers Online open, as well as Ways Of History. I play Hattrick (and I'm writing an online football manager game as we speak), and I used to play eRepublik, SimCountry and Parallel Kingdom. If anyone has an invite code for Project Alpha I'll gladly sell you any family member you want, as it recently stepped back from being in beta to being in alpha, appropriately enough.

I too have an iPad, full of games, and I tend to play a different new one every month. This month is Sid Meier's Ace Patrol.

Oh, and I'm also planning an online simulation of the planet, lol. Think 'Civilization' meets EOS. I've been putting it together since 2004 and still haven't got a line of code written ...

When GT6 comes out expect me to be surgically attached to my PS3 (or 4, if they both come out together).
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
Lately I have been playing creeper world one and 2 a looking forward to creeper world three. Its a tower based game by indie developer.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Creeper World (all of them) are a favorite of mine as well. I've played through all of them and especially like the idea of the infinite one where the dev releases new levels to play continuously (I think procedurally generated?).

Personally, I've been playing through Smugglers 5 -- turn-based space exploration/RPG game. The dev actually sent me a free license key for reporting so many bugs (which is a good and a bad thing) :P

I'm also a fan of Via Galactica -- a neat freeware game in the same vein (turn-based space exploration/RPG). Reminds me of the old Taipan game or "Dope Wars"/"Drug Wars" for those who came into computers a bit later.

I recently did another playthrough of Europa 1400 The Guild (Gold Version). Always a fun game, more of a medieval life simulator type game but has some cool political options.

I'm really looking forward to Banished which is an indie medieval city simulator game being written by a single dev. He's got some good gameplay videos up and it's really looking slick (supposed to be released later this year).

You need to register or login to post a reply.