Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Water, water everywhere

Water, water everywhere

Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

Post Rating: 12
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
My tomato plant looks up at me in terror as I stand there with the garden hose. "What!?!" it wails plaintively. "Where's my usual glacier-fed Balinese ultra-filtered cruelty-free, gluten-free low-sodium QL 36 water? You know I can't make good tomatoes without that! Not with your pitiful research levels!"

I'm used to talking plants. "There are no glaciers in Bali," I grunt dismissively as I let the utility water slosh from the hose.

"But you have huge storage tanks of the good stuff right over there!" it sputtered. "The filtration must have cost a fortune! Give me that good stuff instead of this hose garbage."

I frowned. I did not want to be reminded of my wasted investment in filtration technology. "Shut up, stupid tomato."

" What, just because I'm no strawberry or banana, you don't care? All of your fancy research makes them better than me?"

The tomato had a point. My research facilities were 80 hours into the next quality levels of strawberries and bananas. All this tomato plant could get me now would be awful low quality stuff. I had better quality tomatoes in the warehouse. I figured I should jack up the prices on those while the rest of the world makes bad ones and focus my production on my specialties.

I turned off the hose.

The tomato looked up at me hopefully.

I stomped it into the ground.

With a sigh, I grabbed my walkie-talkie. "Bobby, get me those banana seeds ASAP! It's planting' time!"

Peebles, CEO of Consolidated Eats
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 59
lol, nice story

Would it be possible to lessen the degree of quality dependance on water for crops, with this new change? If not, it fear it will become tremendously hard to produce foods at quality levels that compete with the imports market, because of the q0 water dragging down raw material (fruit and vegetable) qualities

EDIT: Disregard. I notice that crop quality is already changed to have 0% water quality dependance. Thanks Scott, for good thinking on this change!
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
+1 for the story.
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
"I frowned. I did not want to be reminded of my wasted investment in filtration technology."

Exactly how I feel. Spent days upgrading so I would not have to over-research and now ...

You need to register or login to post a reply.