Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » WARNING: Some of your B2B activities are under investigation

WARNING: Some of your B2B activities are under investigation

Previous 1 [2] Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks Chandler, I thought about those of course, and they are reflected in the changes in the above post.

You wouldn't be able to grief people with 100,000 $0.01 water because the total value of 100,000 water is $10,000, and that is too low.
Bob Fenstermann
RJ: Bob Fenstermann

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
Wow. I do not understand why you keep answering points I am not making. However, your answer to Tony about providing a warning before "suspect" goods are purchased is what I was requesting.

A final suggestion would be to not be so rude to your players. We are obviously confused about an unwritten penalty system and you seem to be taking offense for some reason.

I have liquidated my companies and will take a break for a while. I hope you don't cancel my login, since I would like to return at some point to play, and would like to keep following this forum.
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I don't think it was Scott's intent to be rude; I think it can just be a lot to handle between programming and player base drama. It's another reason Scott should get some moderators to handle player concerns.
Bob Fenstermann
RJ: Bob Fenstermann

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
Ok, I did forget that this is one guy's project. I take back the rude comment.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks Bob, what you did is nowhere near what would cause you to be jailed/deleted, so don't worry about that.

The "lawyer fee" isn't really a fine, but an adjustment so I can keep the unfair advantages leveled for all players in such a dramatic event.

Lastly, I can only say the adjustments do not happen randomly as I'm sure you have noticed there are no complaints before this scandal.
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
Fine tooth combing BTB trades that are a fraction of a percent of the money made by the high rollers before the retail changes while allowing THEM to keep their money and dominate the markets seems rather arbitrary to me.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

The way I look at it is:

I can't please everyone. So you might as well just have your free market and I'll have my dictatorship. :-)

Are they dominating the market? Maybe. Can they keep doing that? Certainly - if I have to keep spending time babysitting instead of writing more code. <-- I hope I don't have to repeat this statement ever again.
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
That was my point, though. It's silly to spend time policing people making thousands off of sketchy BTB trades. If you are worried about the integrity of the pretend economy there are much bigger issues to be dealt with. Going after people selling materials to each other at cost is like painting the walls of the house while it's on fire.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Gotcha :-)
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Hi all.

I took the plunge and started a game, despite the "drama" I was greeted with the other day. I am sitting on a razor as I play. There are so many questionable things that could be so easily fixed...and I see this topic as one.

This is not "reality." I am always amazed when I see "that is not realistic" to describe a qualm about something. I have done it myself, but it doesn't make it smarter then than now. This is a game, and as such, can avoid the pains of criminality that pervade the real world. You can set firm rules under which all players do, in fact, have to play. Many econ-sims have AI's flagging and halting trades and transactions that violate the spirit of the market, and generally lead to cheating. In fact, I consider it rather weak to not have these in place, as needed, to maintain fairness and an even playing field. I can just imagine some 14-year-old trying to play this game with the conniving, cheating and just plain meanness I have seen here in only two days. The game might consider renaming itself Economies of Crime, or Black Marketeers.

It makes no sense to talk about crimes of scale. A violation of a rule or policy is just that. It doesn't (or shouldn't, anyway) matter if it was for $100 or $100,000,000,000. It takes stones to put firm parameters in place and not care about who gets hurt or helped by it. But 'even playing field' has to always be the goal. There will always be drama here, I suspect, because there just aren't any real rules or agreements to play fair and nicely. I can't wait to take over someone's company. But I want to do it fairly and honestly, not by manipulating the system, or lack of boundaries. I want to out-work them.

Also, this is a Beta. That means it is entirely possible the entire milieu may, and in this case, should, be reset at some point when things are sufficiently fleshed out, balanced and truly ready for general (family?, maybe, not, but fair and honest for sure) consumption. There is so much that is totally out of whack here due to the beta process, and the learning curves involved, as to make this current world-platform somewhat ludicrous. (Too big to fail is too big to exist ;-) )

I hope you all take this only for what it is worth. I offer it with my own grain of salt, knowing I have only been here a couple of days. But, I will offer up two old aphorisms:
"I may have been born at night, but not last night."
"I haven't just been around the block, I've toured the city."

Now...can we do something about a quality level number on the manufacturing page of the factories?

Anna Banana
RJ: Sue MacLean
CO: Sue MacLean

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I buy things I think are way underpriced all the time, I don't know or care who is selling it, I just want it because it's a good deal. Should I be worried about just buying cheap stuff from random people at noob prices? Sure I might be poaching some shady deals, but for all I know, someone new just didn't know they could ask for more.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what you're discussing here, though...
Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.