Is two servers necessary?

Kind of scared one day I'll be playing alone while the other server is thriving
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Yes. Although there's more people on the ratjoy.com test server, it's really just intended for testing purposes. If you've been here long enough you'd know there were some publicity issues back when I wrongfully jailed/deleted innocent bystanders because their b2b transactions were linked to cheaters exploiting certain bugs.

I've since promised to myself not to do that again, but see those companies with $92.2 Q (max unsigned 64-bit integer in cents) on the test server? They may not even needed to cheat - before the new patch, you can simply exploit the stock market, then use the proceeds to fund research, and exploit the export market, and viola!

Back then the game also featured multiple qualities of the same item in the warehouse, with stores being able to sell all types of products they are able to sell, all at once, and a mere 500 players playing a day caused timeouts to the sales script AND generated 2GB data each day in the revenue log.

The Capitalism Online server runs code already tested by the test server, has much better hardware, has literally 300 times the storage, and can easily handle 10k players simultaneously. Without so many exploits and companies at max cash there's more of a reason to play long term there. Although players on the test server can enjoy the chaos and be at the forefront of any update.

You need to register or login to post a reply.