Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » trading between owned companies

trading between owned companies

Kabal
RJ: Kabal
CO: Kabal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
hi all,i've established a second company to experiment a bit.
is selling/buying goods at production cost from one company to another considered illegal?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
It's allowed if and only if both companies are privately owned (by you).
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I have had this discussion with Scott, and CEO Morgan is right with the following caveat: you must also charge at least wholesale. More accurately, you must charge more than cost, but if you charge less than wholesale, they will likely be bought by an exporter. I do this all the time, and believe me, you will get nailed by exporters even over wholesale on occasion. So, I advise checking the current export price before you send your trucks out on route, lest they get highjacked.
Kabal

+ / -

Thank you very much.

While we are on the subject,the Q-adjusted formula is very interesting and is working perfectly for stores (with lazy button Q38 pumpkin is sold at 14.1 in my stores),but I don't really understand how the real buy price of robocompanies is working.
According to that formula my Q40 petroleum should be worth $90 but robocompanies are always buying it at less than $60.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with % demand met (and for raw materials,for example,such % isn't even in the pedia).
Is there a formula to roughly calculate a more real price?
Brent Goode

+ / -

Exporters do take into account quality levels, at least somewhat. But they never buy beyond a certain price point from the B2B.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Shoot I didnt know that! I made one transaction of cheap power to my other company. Its now under investigation! It wont happen again.
Brent Goode

+ / -

The 80% base was my understanding too. However, I listed oil at $51/barrel to myself the other day, and it was bought by an exporter for a bit more than that. About $52.36 according to the news report. Does that mean the exporters will buy based on the final figure of their formulation? It would seem to indicate something like that. Though the quality figures are off in that one.
Now you have me curious.
Kabal

+ / -

Thanks for the link BallC,I'll take a good look into it as soon as I finish my current production
Kabal

+ / -

i bring this up again.
with the latest (?) changes when i directly sell from warehouse at a low price,the game tells me i'm listing at below export price and the goods are put on b2b.

so now the export prices are the ones listed at http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/tools/import_export_data.php and not considering Q anymore?
if so,is that meaning we don't have to use "wholesale*export_price_ratio*(1+q/100)" when trading between companies but only wholesale or export price,depending on which one is higher?

You need to register or login to post a reply.