Currently at the top of the TO-DO list:

• SEC Changes

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I apologize about delaying the Custom Jobs function for so long, but it'll be complete before the end of tomorrow, and here's a sneak peak of what to expect:

Once the function is out, all current hired CEOs will be transferred to the new system. In addition, all companies, public or private, will be able to hire as many people as they can afford.
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
That looks pretty amazing, I must say.
Hyram Bedwetter
RJ: Hyram Bedwetter

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
You know by making the jobs screen so robust...you...you have to change all the other screens to match, right?

It'd be nice also if each position had a spending limit associated with it...
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

You have to change all the other screens to match, right?

That's why it took so long... all that remains is the updater script - ARGH, major headache. I'm going to Huntington Library to take a stroll today, and finish the thing after I get back in the afternoon.
Hyram Bedwetter

+ / -

Ah, you may have misunderstood me...there wasn't a negative connotation as if you didn't realize what you needed to do to get it to work, of course you know that...it was more of a giddy schoolgirl squeal of a post that if you can knock out such a robust system for the corporate jobs subsystem of the game, I can't wait to see what you will do with the other subsystems (B2B, Stores, etc.)...
Maverick khan
RJ: Arigon
CO: Arigon

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
all i can say is

WOW
Tom Denton
RJ: kaibutsu

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
A really small request, hopefully very easy to implement:
When on the product screen within a store, it would be really nice if the store icon in the upper left corner linked back to the store; it's a real pain scrolling down to hit the back button.

I know you're working on overhauling the store interface as it is... I'm looking forward to the changes! Here's a personal wishlist for what it might include! As it stands, it's a hell of a lot of clicks to figure out last tick's sales for each item in order to extrapolate what I'll need for the next 12-24hrs. Having that information on the store page would be great.

It would also be wonderful if there were a 'compressed' view available; the icons are beautiful, but at a certain point I just want to be able to see as much data on the store as I can within a single screen.

Finally, as others have said, it would be great to be able to see a graph of total store sales over time.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I missed the deadline again... but I'm going to go to sleep now so I won't look tired again tomorrow at work.

On the plus side, I just tweaked some numbers and posted a world news to keep everyone busy.
Ham Bunny
RJ: Hambunny

+ / -

Total Posts: 12
Can I suggest that we have a more complete P&L statement that is separated from the Balance Sheet, and probably a cash flow statement as well. I noticed that the construction of buildings is listed as expense in the revenue sheet, so I thought it might be helpful for a more detailed report for companies, especially listed ones.

Have a good night sleep and thanks for the excellent game!
Art M
RJ: Matrix
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
i have no idea how you do full time work and this game on the side. looking forward to the job board.
N S
RJ: Mr. Woodsworth

Post Rating: 35
+ / -

Total Posts: 4
I'm going to apologize preemptively for this post. I've had a long day and I'm just a little annoyed right now. I can sum up my thoughts with this: I'm very disappointed with the store layout overhaul priority on the to-do list. I completely understand that certain things are more important than others, and that there WAS a vote to decide the next "thing". But really, we're talking about an aspect of the game being unplayable/not possibly enjoyable due to a less-than-stellar layout.

I could make this into a larger whiny post, but I'll try to keep it to a shorter whiny post. And I acknowledge that it is just my opinion, but perhaps somebody will take it to heart.

A company that makes practically all of its profit from retail will eventually hit a brick wall named Boredom. Having to restock 6 different stores twice (or even just once) a day is just ridiculous with the current layout, and it makes it almost impossible. If you're somebody who's really into maximizing effectiveness and making the most out of your assets, you'll be restocking and expanding constantly. And the restocking will eventually just wear you out unless you own multiple stores of the same genre.

A production and research queue isn't quite as drastic. You can write down the time when your bananas or r&d will finish and can log in quickly to start something else. That takes 5 minutes, whereas stocking most stores can take up to an hour depending on how precise you are about finding the best deals.

Again I apologize, I just needed to get it off of my chest. I understand that it won't change anything. I just hope that, in the future.. well, never mind that.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 80
Can we have a operational budget set for employ?

Would help in running a multi people company so that retail manager can't eat up all factory budget (assuming no foul play, just that they don't know each others need)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks Lorenzo, I see how that is necessary.
Hyram Bedwetter

+ / -

+1 for Lorenzo because I said the same thing above.
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 44
I'm thinking that as a company grows larger, it starts to need an opulent headquarters building, one which is very expensive to run, and lives on the R&D screen or its own screen. But the HQ would provide advantages too, including micromanagement-reducing features, such as setting research priorities, or periodically auto-buying goods within price-range and quality-range if stocks are below a configurable limit. The player would still need to keep an eye on the shop to spot the special cases such as when nothing was on sale in the chosen range.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.