Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » STORES???

STORES???

JC Atkinson
RJ: gone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 5
I have items in a store I have.... nothing ever gets sold... the sales are not on pause... it appears they are all for sale and at below B2B prices.... and nothing sells.... whats the tip on selling through a store? (ie: FARMERS MARKET)
Seems like the only way to sell anything is B2B....
Whats the advantages in using stores?
Whats the advantage of owning a car?
Where does all the coffee I brew eventually go?

Just trying to understand this game, thanks

JCA
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Stores only sell items every 15 minute "tick" on the :15, :30, :45 and :00 times on the clock. If your store is especially small or your prices are especially high, then you might not sell anything at all during some ticks, but fractions of items sold roll over to the next tick, so eventually you will be able to sell your items.

Try expanding your store if it's still only 10m^2. Newbies (below $30M personal net worth) get to instantly complete building construction below 2500m^2. Once you do that, try putting a little bit of money into advertising for your store, which will greatly accelerate sales. Finally, try to be sure to stock at least some of every item your store sells, because they all sell independently of each other.
JC Atkinson

+ / -

Thank you for that... a bit more understanding....

why would someone buy from a store instead of B2B? What happens to these 'end-result' products? Like Beer or Rum?
Why would I sell CARS or WHEELS? What are they used for? Whats the benefit?

Im having a bit of a hard time on the 'objective', I guess.

JCA
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
There are lots of ways that money disappears from the game. Well in reality it doesn't disappear but it ends up in part of the economy that the game doesn't model. Some of those ways are building upgrades, the costs of production, maintenance salaries, bank interest or even a company declaring dividends when not all shares are owned by players.

There are only a few ways that money appears in the game, and the main one is retail sales. That is, opening a store and selling goods to consumers.

You can open a store with no factories, but then you need to stock up with goods on the B2B market.

You can open a factory with no stores, but then you can't sell direct to consumers: you need to sell to someone on the B2B market. Perhaps that's someone with a store, or perhaps it's someone else who uses it in a factory to make something else.

Or you can do both. But you'll probably still use the B2B market to buy some goods that your shop needs that you can't produce or to sell off the surplus of those goods that you are good at making.

What happens to the coffee or rum that you sell in stores? It gets drunk! :) What happens to cars? They get driven! Anything sold in stores is bought by the final consumer and disappears from the game. What happens to wheels? They get bought by a car manufacturer and used to make cars.

Some goods like sugar can either be sold to consumers or manufacturers

The prices in your store probably ought to be at least 2x the price on the B2B for similar goods. There *are* sometimes reasons to price things lower but those are special cases.
Jim Eikner
RJ: Jim Eikner

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Products in stores are sold to invisible consumers. They essentially vanish. They are the demand equivalent of the import supply. Just a game mechanism. To get a feel of demand, quality and pricing I suggest you study the Statistics pages in the EOS-pedia:

http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/pedia-product-stats-cat.php
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
Yeah, what's the objective?
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
To get filthy rich?
JC Atkinson

+ / -

Oh....
I think the light just went on....

When I sell in STORES... Im selling to these imaginary public?
Correct?

When I sell in the B2B.... Im selling to other actual PLAYERS?
Correct?

IF this is correct than next question... whats the benefit of selling to these imaginary people through the stores?
More money?
But how do I know what prices to set for the STORE GOODS?

Thanks in advance...

JCA
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Correct; correct; and yes, you sell retail to the robopublic from stores because it's a good source of revenue. B2B has a functional market cap based on the number of actual players who want to buy what you (and everyone else in that product sector) is selling, whereas the Econosian retail market is much larger and much more broadly hungry for whatever products stores can sell.

Setting prices for products in stores is entirely a matter of how much you can produce (or purchase, via B2B or from the robo-international import market) vs. how much your store can move. If you're selling faster than you can restock, raise prices; if you're selling too slowly for your tastes, lower prices. The happy medium that works for you in terms of generating sales while keeping you sane is really the only "correct" price.

JC Atkinson

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!
GOT it!

IF the products sell well... raise the price.....
IF the produces sell badly...lower the price.....

Nothing to do (really) with others prices that I can see except they might have theirs lower and hence, will sell more than me.

T hank you... the penny has dropped.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Nothing to do (really) with others prices

I only wish it doesn't, it'd make my life so much easier. The thing is, it does but the variables only get updated each tick. (Average world quality, price, demand, ...)

You need to register or login to post a reply.