Stock Market Changes

Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
Future IPOs

Future IPOs will have their own section, are no longer instant and automatic, and will require careful pricing.
IPOs will be costly, with $ raised only from actual shares sold to players.
Similar process applies to releasing extra shares or share buyback.

Liking this Ideas. Just wondering how it is going to work/look. For example.
1.) Is there going to be a net-worth /time open requirement.
2.) Are new investors going to get a prospectus were they can assess the value of there future investment.

Dana Sands
RJ: Fred Fredrickson
CO: Fred Fredrickson

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
The thing to consider is that, out in the real world, investment banks underwrite IPOs. They come up with a price along with the company management and if they don't sell all the shares, the investment bank buys them at the IPO price. This almost never happens and there are plenty of problems with the way IPOs are run but it is something to consider.
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
@Dana Sands Yes this is true but there are no investment banks in this game it used to be the RoboCitizens that would buy/underwrite everything now it is only other players I want to see how it plays out. Luckly we have the test server.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I think it would be nice to have a line for player salaries, as distinct from "operational" salaries. I would like to know if I am investing in a company that will make ME money as an investor, or if I am investing money that the CEO is going to siphon off as bonuses. As it is, there aren't any dividends being paid in Cap, and damned few in EoS. Knowing what I am putting my money into is critical.

I also caution investors against paying the ridiculous prices some stocks are being offered at. Most are offered based on so called "book" values. These are terribly misleading. They are based on nebulous things like "cash on hand" and "research value." Both mean very little in evaluating an investment that has a high P/E or a low EPS for the last week.

As an investor, I am looking for long term income/value. A company that only sells B2B to a sister company for low prices is not a great long term value. A company that is NAV'd out on something as temporary as Cash is not showing me long term anything. A company worth thousands a share, and paying no dividend, is not a good investment, as it requires larger and larger gross revenues/net incomes to create ever smaller percentages of growth. Those are just there to support the bloated egos of the owners and pump up stats on the scoreboards, which is fair enough, but not as an investment, for anyone other than the Chairman.

The real problem with this stock market, in my opinion, is just how thin the data and how lacking the transparency. Wanting a "buyer beware" market is great and fair, as long as the buyer has all the info they need to make stupid decisions. Not having information, however, is not fair. For those who don't believe this, look at how dead this market really is. And that is because no one is comfortable with how blind and lacking in data and transparency it is. And I am not talking about the Cap market, as it doesn't even truly exist as any kind of anything with only four listings, most of them 100% single owners.(that has to be dealt with, what a blatant cheat.) No, I am talking about the EoS market, the "test market," which has no real activity for all those listings.

Sorry about the rant, nuff said for now...
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
I would also like to know some of the new features:
When you go to the city to SEC there are a few new options I believe need some explanation.

-How does initiate SEO actually work? Do you get instant cash and more shares to sell?
-Buy back shares (with cash from shareholders) sounds great, I buy more stocks with other people their money?
-also when using some of the SEC functions it says:
Cannot Go Private while an IPO, SEO, or Buyback is active.
No history of IPO, SEO, Buyback, or Going Private within 2 years

Why is this function here when as IPO/SEO there is already no point of return and what does buyback mean in this sentence?

Questions, Question, Questions.
Jax Teller
RJ: TheDoctor
CO: JaxTeller

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Yes I would like some more info on the Stock Market, I've just went public yesterday and someone has bought shares yet the company has not received any funds pertaining to the sale can someone explain this ?
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
When someone buys your shares this cash flows directly into your personal account, that's why it doesn't show up on your company.
chris young
RJ: CEO 123
CO: Chris Young

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Does that mean that if my company, Nat20 foods, goes public, then my player account gets the money, and not the company?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
For the shares you sold to the public, yes.

You need to register or login to post a reply.