Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Stock Market

Stock Market

Sean Wright
RJ: Sean Wright
CO: Gza T. Genius

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
All companies have 0% gain. Why? Thanks!
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
The stock market is incomplete and broken.
Sean Wright

+ / -

So is this game dead? Does anyone still play? Which server? And is Scott still active?
Nick Sirock
RJ: Sam Sirock
CO: Nick Sirock

+ / -

Total Posts: 51
I don't think the game is dead, I still play and talk to several other people that do, whether Scott is still active is a bit of a debate here.
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I like to think that if Scott was active he'd bother to delete the obvious scammers, at the very least.

The game's not dead. If there was a way of consolidating the userbase onto one server, it would be far more fast-paced (anyone remember having to be on the look out for B2B snipers? You know, before market requests were a thing?) although we have to deal what we have now, I suppose.
Sean Wright

+ / -

So is there a point to IPO if the stock market is broken?
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Yeah. You can raise lots of cash for your company that way, at the cost of giving other people a share in your company.

I consider the stock market to be broken because of things like the 0% gain; also, because there's hardly any liquidity (because lack of players trading), and because you can exploit it to give yourself a ridiculous net worth.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
@ Sean Wright: think long and hard before going for "lots of cash " you can raise in an IPO.

While true, what I had to learn the hard way is this: once any company you control is public, you can NEVER transfer extra cash you have from other companies into this public company.

now, one of the biggest initial expenses for any company in EOS is R&D -- for some products , to raise qa up above 70 can cost over $1 billion or more per additional qa improvement

and yet, it is only by selling products with such high qa you gain any advantage over competitors, pure and simple

so, I'd urge you to stick with running only private companies in EOS

just my five cents worth
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

However, growth is very slow when you first start out with a private company, without any help. I myself prefer to keep my companies private; but maybe you are impatient. :)

It's possible to transfer cash between companies by selling cheap goods between them at inflated prices. It might be kind of a pain, though.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Considering that Mr. Wright just went from zero net worth to 65 billion in one day -- I'd guess he fits in the impatient category. :)

You need to register or login to post a reply.