Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Simulation of Free Market @ Work

Simulation of Free Market @ Work

Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I'm so pleased to see on the Test Server a simulation of the free market at work.

In the past 2 weeks, I noticed the price of electricity was between 80 cents and 90, or higher. The old standard price of 8 cents electricity had vanished.

And now, I'm pleased to see other players responded exactly as Adam Smith writes the free market (when allowed to work) stepped right up and offered lots of electricity at 8 cents.

I know this is "only a game" (no less than fantasy sports leagues are only games, but I know of millions of mostly guys who love that genre, which totally fine w/me), but it's so much more fun playing a simulation against real people and seeing to some small degree the real world simulated.
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
It is pretty hard to make products from electricity competitively when the price is 80 cents per unit. Maybe if enough people keep listing it at 8-10 cents, others will see what price they should be selling at to sell their electricity. Some people like to over price in the hope of making a much better profit, but that only works if someone is foolish enough to buy at 80 cents. It is amazing to see this happens in so many economic games when people try to speculate.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
It seems to me some of the major suppliers of utilities have left the building. I'll try filling the gap. Though profit is not great at the moment for DBM Utilities, some price increases may be necessary to keep up with demand.

You need to register or login to post a reply.