Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Selling Public Companies

Selling Public Companies

Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
There should be some way to remove public companies from IPO listings. Perhaps the majority shareholder should still be able to "Sell Company", just each person who is a stockholder gets their % of company networth.

So say I own 50.01% of a company with 100 M NW, and Jack owns 25%, and Kevin owns 20%. I sell the company, I get $50 M, Jack gets 25 M, and Kevin gets 20 M. And then the company is removed from the stocks list.

I just feel like eventually there's going to be like a billion stocks and dead companies cluttering up the list and sometimes you want to delete a company you've gone public with and yeah.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
By right, a public company has unlimited lifespan. it cannot be sell but only taken over.
but yeah you are right, this is a game afterall, people will quit and the company will go dead :(
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'd say just give it 30 days for now or sell your shares in that company.
David Newell
RJ: Vincent Thaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
I posted this in another thread as well, but it seemed to fit here.

Can we maybe have a hostile takeover option where if you own the entirety, or at least a large enough percentage of a dead companies stocks, you can take a percentage of their goods in warehouse and get a percentage of their factories and either incorporate them into yours for a fee or if you have open space they are moved to your property? The rest of the company would then be disbanded? Either by you paying off the shareholders or offering an equal number or value of shares in your company if you have a public company? Is that at all possible?

Is it possible to merge companies? If a company is about to die can we have the largest stockholder offered to buy the company if he can purchase controlling interest? If it is bought by a private company I suppose you would have to buy the entirety of the stock, but is this possible?

In either idea you would still have to be responsible for the debt of the company and you could, if you decide to do so, rebuild the company.Depending on which makes you the most profit of course.

You need to register or login to post a reply.