Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Quests Tips and Advice

Quests Tips and Advice

Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 83
Some quests are profitable to do, especially for a new player. The value of a quest for product "contributions" is always set to be twice the base warehouse price, which is the value the system puts on a production of quality zero.

So, by submitting low Q products, you can get paid as if the products were worth more and higher quality.

However, some quests are not profitable. Sometimes, you can't find any products for sale, or anyone to make them, for lower than the value the quest will pay, or sometimes, you have to sell 5% market share of a product, and the only way to do that is to cut the price to a very low level, effectively giving away profits. A reasonable question to ask is should I bother to do these quests?

An important component of quest completion is fame. Fame has two effects in the game. First, fame increases the rate at which you gain influence, although the effect of company fame on player influence gained per day small and indirect, so it is not clear it is worth the cost of losing money to simply gain more influence, which can only be used to speed up expansions (and which also costs money to do as well as influence). The second effect of fame is it increases the value of your company, but again, for smaller players, the effect of fame on company value is very minor. In most cases, the answer to whether you should do a quest that is not profitable to do is NO, for most smaller players.

The answer may be different for a large player. Once you are in the top 20 or top 50 ranks by company wealth, you are to the point where a larger portion of the net worth of your company is now coming from fame, or could come from fame. For the largest companies, virtually all of their incredible net worth comes from fame. But, this only happens when fame gets above level 80 to 90.

Since fame has a large effect on net worth of large companies, it may well be worth losing money on a quest in order to gain fame, as the increase in net worth may be much larger than any loss of cash from completing the quest. In addition, for many large players, cash flow is not a big issue, as their companies are large enough and have high enough quality to be very profitable.
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Very well written, although I have a question. From what I've seen, company fame has an effect on player fame, and player fame appears to be having a separate effect on company fame if it is lower than the player's (brings it up to the player's level maybe?). Could you elaborate on this?
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 83
I know for sure that company fame affects player fame. I am not sure about the opposite being true. I do know that fame generally goes from company fame to player fame, but the effect is gradual, and diminished.

For example, Stormhammer has companies with fame at level 124, 117, 105, 104, etc, but player fame is only 28. His fame is the highest on the normal server for both player and companies, but it is not clear how the fame formula works.

To test the idea that company fame is brought up to player fame level, I looked for counter examples. JOI has player fame of 18, but JOI Air Sales has company fame of 16, so clearly company fame can be lower than player fame.

On the test server, my account is very young, so has player fame of only 3, but I have a relatively new company there with fame of zero. So, if fame goes from player to company, then I would expect to see that fame increase over time automatically. My guess is I won't be able to stop quests from getting done, as some quests are simply have xxx bucks, or have a company of 500 sq m size. Thus, having fame go past player fame is likely to happen almost automatically by completion of some basic quests in a new company fairly quickly.

You need to register or login to post a reply.